The Nameless Ones

WELCOME TO THE N1 FORUMS

A prime example of what Wal Mart does to employees over time...

Wolverine8780
    Flying Couch

Number of posts : 45
    Registration date : 2009-02-24

A prime example of what Wal Mart does to employees over time...

Post  Wolverine8780 on Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:39 pm

Ill. Wal-Mart employee sets himself on fire, dies

More from BusinessWeek

* Yahoo's Yodel Turns Into a Whimper
    * The Lesson of Societe Generale
    * FBI Widens Its Subprime Net
    * Altria's Split: Where There's Smoke…
    * Under Armour's Footwear Foray

Story Tools

* order a reprint
    * digg this
    * save to del.icio.us

BLOOMINGDALE, Ill.

Suburban Chicago officials say a Wal-Mart employee has died after setting himself on fire outside the store where he worked.

Randy Sater is a watch commander with the Bloomingdale Police Department. He says 58-year-old Larry Graziano of Carol Stream used lighter fluid to set himself on fire late Thursday.

Sater says Graziano told police he "couldn't take it anymore." Police say bystanders tried to help, but Graziano fought them off.

The Cook County Medical Examiner's office says Graziano was taken to a hospital and pronounced dead about 1 a.m.

Dan Fogleman is a spokesman for Bentonville, Ark.-based Wal-Mart. He says Graziano was a 7-year employee who worked nights stocking shelves. He says Graziano had no reported personnel issues.

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D96K6MCG0.htm
    abkslovak
    Mallrat

Number of posts : 281
    Registration date : 2009-02-19

Re: A prime example of what Wal Mart does to employees over time...

Post  abkslovak on Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:30 am

That is so fucked up man I cant believe walmart does this to people.
    JamesSoprano

Number of posts : 328
    Registration date : 2009-02-16

Post  JamesSoprano on Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:39 am

I feel his PAIN .. i was a Wally Worker as well ... i worhed Nightshift picking upadn breaking card board boxes .. tho i am a slow person ( as in not fast paced ) it's what i'm comforatable with to me i was moving fast but they said it was slow... anyways i reccommend NO ONE TO WORK THEIR .. i left me and the boss didn't see eye to eye. this was like 4 years ago this upcoming June. i'm still unemplyed but i been helping out cleaning and or help rent apartments here in the building ( i don't get payed for it but i figure it helps out enough for rent wise with the parents ) sorry for babbling their .. i just gave some background and personal info on my life here LOL ... anyways ... i sorta do miss working their cause the people i worked with were funny and cool to carry a conversation with. my first boss was bad as cool .. the new boos i had i couldn't stand didn't last long as Night shift workers stay boss for a year then someone else has a turn ... well heh this guy stayed from February till August no later then October of the year I Left cause no one liked him and people wanted him gone, i quit 2 weeks before Canada Day and worked for a total of 8 months.
    Wolverine8780
    Flying Couch

Number of posts : 45
    Registration date : 2009-02-24

Post  Wolverine8780 on Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:42 am

JamesSoprano wrote:I feel his PAIN .. i was a Wally Worker as well ... i worhed Nightshift picking upadn breaking card board boxes .. tho i am a slow person ( as in not fast paced ) it's what i'm comforatable with to me i was moving fast but they said it was slow... anyways i reccommend NO ONE TO WORK THEIR .. i left me and the boss didn't see eye to eye. this was like 4 years ago this upcoming June. i'm still unemplyed but i been helping out cleaning and or help rent apartments here in the building ( i don't get payed for it but i figure it helps out enough for rent wise with the parents ) sorry for babbling their .. i just gave some background and personal info on my life here LOL ... anyways ... i sorta do miss working their cause the people i worked with were funny and cool to carry a conversation with. my first boss was bad as cool .. the new boos i had i couldn't stand didn't last long as Night shift workers stay boss for a year then someone else has a turn ... well heh this guy stayed from February till August no later then October of the year I Left cause no one liked him and people wanted him gone, i quit 2 weeks before Canada Day and worked for a total of 8 months.

Yeah the people themselves at Wal Mart are not too terrible. It's the management , home office , and Market management that gives Wal Mart a bad name. While I might never set myself on fire... I have had thoughts of other things .. usually when that occurs is when I say F*ck it and go on vacation because thats how I know I am losing my mind over that place.
    Asuka
    Deathscythe

Number of posts : 278
    Registration date : 2009-02-19

Post  Asuka on Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:01 pm

I've been to that Wall-Mart. Creepy.

Then again, I've felt the same way while working at a GameStop. I hate that store sooo much now.
    Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:48 am