The Nameless Ones

WELCOME TO THE N1 FORUMS


    MLB 09 The Show

    Share
    avatar
    Wolverine8780
    Flying Couch

    Number of posts : 45
    Registration date : 2009-02-24
    Age : 37
    Location : La Crosse , Wisconsin

    MLB 09 The Show

    Post  Wolverine8780 on Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:52 am

    Yes my friend's its that time again popcorn and peanuts and cracker jacks ...the throw to first .. OUT BY A SHOELACE! I played it for a bit last night and so far .. its a pretty game .. by far its very deep on the option end of it .. and the realism it brings is uncanny. As always road to the show is a must play as well as the franchise mode ... online leagues can be formed and now features flex schedueling so no longer can .. but I have to work that day, be an excuse. My favorite addition to this game is that this game lets you record your own video replays and save them to your hdd ... now I can upload my entire homerun highlight collection over to youtube no problemo. Custom playlists also return this year with some nice additions ...You can now select songs to be played during batter walk ups and for the pitchers comming out of the bullpen and between innings. I already made my ingame playlist .. which I still havent hit the limit on it yet .. I am hoping its unlimited seeings I am already at 163 songs on the playlist lol. But yea I am having fun with MLB 09 the show and thats my story. HERE WE GO BREWERS HERE WE GO! At the bottom of this post you will see one of my video replays.

    avatar
    JamesSoprano
    Moderator

    Number of posts : 328
    Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Age : 32
    Location : Halifax NS, Canada

    Re: MLB 09 The Show

    Post  JamesSoprano on Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:03 pm

    haha the guy in the video is like .. i'm just struttin here with no care in the world .. taking my good ol time to the 1st base LOL

    looks cool man if i was into baseball i would probably pick it up
    avatar
    CrashMurphy
    Pro Bowler

    Number of posts : 144
    Registration date : 2009-02-18
    Age : 34
    Location : Saskatoon, SK, Canada

    Re: MLB 09 The Show

    Post  CrashMurphy on Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:48 pm

    JamesSoprano wrote:haha the guy in the video is like .. i'm just struttin here with no care in the world .. taking my good ol time to the 1st base LOL

    looks cool man if i was into baseball i would probably pick it up

    Looks like a home run to me.


    I found MLB 07 to be really confusing and I didn't like the training system where if you didn't complete the challenges it gave you, you got next to no points to train up your player between games. Is that still the same or has it changed?
    avatar
    Wolverine8780
    Flying Couch

    Number of posts : 45
    Registration date : 2009-02-24
    Age : 37
    Location : La Crosse , Wisconsin

    Re: MLB 09 The Show

    Post  Wolverine8780 on Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:39 am

    CrashMurphy wrote:
    JamesSoprano wrote:haha the guy in the video is like .. i'm just struttin here with no care in the world .. taking my good ol time to the 1st base LOL

    looks cool man if i was into baseball i would probably pick it up

    Looks like a home run to me.


    I found MLB 07 to be really confusing and I didn't like the training system where if you didn't complete the challenges it gave you, you got next to no points to train up your player between games. Is that still the same or has it changed?

    there is still challenge points .. but it doesn't really affect your play at all if you allocate your early points right... Im a pitcher in my road to the show mode .. easy pickins .. havent tried anything else in that mode yet though .. I am more of a franchise player.
    avatar
    F12345668
    Beta

    Number of posts : 13
    Registration date : 2009-02-23
    Location : Chicago

    Re: MLB 09 The Show

    Post  F12345668 on Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:52 pm

    Thanks for the review wolverine. Haven't picked it up yet but I definately want to play it. There's so much coming out right now, it's hard to decide what to play.

    Say what's up to Bob Uecker for me.

    Oh yeah, go Cubbies.
    avatar
    JamesSoprano
    Moderator

    Number of posts : 328
    Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Age : 32
    Location : Halifax NS, Canada

    Re: MLB 09 The Show

    Post  JamesSoprano on Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:58 pm

    Holy .. man this game got a 4.5 by gamespot ... normally i don't follow their reviews at all but i have to say that .. I don't think i ever seen a Sports Game that's taken seriously ( as in games that are sports but are done differently that's not more realistic as in like NFL Blitz or something like that ) get that low of a score.


    maybe you can read their review and do a follow up response since this is new and see what you have to say against their review Wolv
    avatar
    Wolverine8780
    Flying Couch

    Number of posts : 45
    Registration date : 2009-02-24
    Age : 37
    Location : La Crosse , Wisconsin

    Re: MLB 09 The Show

    Post  Wolverine8780 on Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:03 am

    JamesSoprano wrote:Holy .. man this game got a 4.5 by gamespot ... normally i don't follow their reviews at all but i have to say that .. I don't think i ever seen a Sports Game that's taken seriously ( as in games that are sports but are done differently that's not more realistic as in like NFL Blitz or something like that ) get that low of a score.


    maybe you can read their review and do a follow up response since this is new and see what you have to say against their review Wolv


    Apparently at the time you saw this particular review it was not voted on by enough people yet or reviewed enough as it is now a 9.0 on gamespot http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/sports/mlb09theshow/review.htmleither way ...I say the best reviews dont come from places like that. I learned that quickly as soon as I found Playstation home , the best way you can get any decent review or preview on any game really I always thought would be from word of mouth through friends. The people I met on home have influenced me to make quite a number of purchases gamewise that I normally would have passed up. There are things that we the gamers can point out that some media conglomorate could not that would make our choices be that much more the wiser.
    avatar
    JamesSoprano
    Moderator

    Number of posts : 328
    Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Age : 32
    Location : Halifax NS, Canada

    Re: MLB 09 The Show

    Post  JamesSoprano on Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:42 am

    hmm i could have been looking at another Baseball game too * faceplam * well that's cool the score is high

    Sponsored content

    Re: MLB 09 The Show

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:16 pm