Noby Noby Boy

jiggyteddy
    Hard Boiled

Number of posts : 203
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Noby Noby Boy

Post  jiggyteddy on Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:27 am

Noby Noby Boy.

I just got 100% trophy achievements from this game yesterday, but that won't stop me from playing this.

As expected from the Katamari creator, we are in store for a wacky story once again. Whereas Katamari was about restoring the cosmos, this one has "Girl" encouraging peace among all the planets in the Solar System.

Sounds wacky right? To do this... "Boy" must stretch and pretty report his work to the Sun, who relays the information to Girl. So we do the work, she gets the numbers and stretches herself to other planets to encourage peace in the Solar System.

Just the other day, we unlocked the Moon level due to our gaming efforts. Last night, gamers stretched a combined 996+ million meters! Yes, if you get the drift... the more the gamers stretch and report numbers, the more planets Girl reaches... therefore, the more levels gamers will get to play! Sounds pretty awesome right? It is a pretty cool feeling because it gives me that sense of community--where we are all contributing to the gaming trying to unlock more levels to explore.

If that is true, then we can expect new levels to play as more people play this game. The replay isn't infinitely high, but it certainly is a great feeling to have this possibility.

For the trophy boars out there, yes it is easy. You might even be able to get them all in one play through! There are 12 total--1 gold, 4 silver, 7 bronze is the breakdown.

It will provide some great entertainment and the mechanics are very straight forward. The only thing that really bothered me was the camera angle, which can get very frustrating at times.

So if you guys own this game, get out there and explore the moon level! Keep up those eating habits and help us get to the next planet!
    abkslovak
    Mallrat

Number of posts : 281
    Registration date : 2009-02-19

Re: Noby Noby Boy

Post  abkslovak on Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:41 am

So this game is based on how say like 50 differnt people own this game and if they all do up to a total of 996+ million meters! or lets say that these 50 people did every week 500 meters and every month they did 500 x 4 weeks per a month and they add this to everyones total right. Im just saying as an example. Okay so everyone that has this game helps each other out in a way to get to the other planets I think im going for mars but i havnt played it in a long time.

Well since you got all the trophies please help me out with this one I need to get "Trophy: 765
    Description: Report a length of exactly 765m to GIRL.
    Hints: Okay this is another easy one but it can be frustrating. What you need
    to do is build a total length of 765m exactly. You can monitor you current
    status by holding the L3 button to the right and then press the start button.
    If you notice you are already over 765m, you will need to report it to GIRL
    to reset your stats back to 0. You can report to her by holding L3 up and
    pressing the start button. Just keep stretching your Noby out and be careful
    when you get close to 765. When you get close to that mark shrink down your
    noby. Then start pressing the L3 left and the R3 left very lightly. You will
    grow 1m at a time and then stop at 765."

I always pass it so if i can get some help on this man on how you beat it lol thanks
    jiggyteddy
    Hard Boiled

Post  jiggyteddy on Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:51 am

No problem abk, but there really isn't anything to say about this trophy.

The only thing I can tell you is to be careful and monitor the length carefully. In other words, checking that report screen is your best friend until you get this.

When I got a little past 700, I just kept checking and stretching. There is no trick to this... this wasn't nearly as frustrating as the "prince" trophy. That took some time, that is pure luck for me.
    abkslovak
    Mallrat

Post  abkslovak on Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:55 am

alright man jiggy thanks for the help. well take it easy man
    Asuka
    Deathscythe

Number of posts : 278

Post  Asuka on Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:48 pm

So wait; you play with people online while all working towards the same goal? I'm still a bit lost as to how the players work. I'm still probably going to get this solely because the Katamari makers are behind this. ^_^
    jiggyteddy
    Hard Boiled

Post  jiggyteddy on Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:12 pm

Asuka wrote:So wait; you play with people online while all working towards the same goal? I'm still a bit lost as to how the players work. I'm still probably going to get this solely because the Katamari makers are behind this. ^_^
    That was pretty much the same reason I wanted the game. The Katamari creator and his zaniness are in full effect here.

This is not a multiplayer game, but everyone reports their data to the same source. Their computers then just keep a running total of how much meters have been contributed to the cause. The more meters that get reported, the closer we get to unlocking the next planet. The ultimate goal is to have the Girl stretch across the entire solar system.

Does that clear it up?
    Asuka
    Deathscythe

Post  Asuka on Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:28 pm

That makes sense now. I'll definitely be getting it at some point.
    abkslovak
    Mallrat

Post  abkslovak on Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:59 pm

Alright I might have to play this game some more now that I know that.
    groovy341
    Pro Bowler

Number of posts : 146
    Registration date : 2009-03-04

Post  groovy341 on Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:26 am

HTF h meaning how HTF do you get the unproportioned trophy? AAAHHHHHHH!
    That is all.
    Happy "F*ck You I'm Irish" Day
    Asuka
    Deathscythe

Post  Asuka on Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:45 am

The Unproportional Trophy took me a while to figure out. Here's generally what you have to do.
    1) Stretch BOY to max.
    2) Push and hold L3 to completely shrink BOY back his tiniest self. You'll know when he's done when his body's only one color.
    3) I would usually wait until he pooped out everything he ate until I did anything else.
    4) Repeat the whole process. Each time you do this correctly, his butt will grow a little bigger than his head. It took me 5-7 cycles of doing the above to get the trophy.
    5) To make him proportional again, just repeat the above, just pushing R3 instead of L3.

I hope this helps! ^_^
    groovy341
    Pro Bowler

Number of posts : 146
    Registration date : 2009-03-04

Post  groovy341 on Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:22 am

Asuka wrote:The Unproportional Trophy took me a while to figure out. Here's generally what you have to do.
    1) Stretch BOY to max.
    2) Push and hold L3 to completely shrink BOY back his tiniest self. You'll know when he's done when his body's only one color.
    3) I would usually wait until he pooped out everything he ate until I did anything else.
    4) Repeat the whole process. Each time you do this correctly, his butt will grow a little bigger than his head. It took me 5-7 cycles of doing the above to get the trophy.
    5) To make him proportional again, just repeat the above, just pushing R3 instead of L3.

I hope this helps! ^_^

Yeah I finally figured it out. I 100% it last night but don't really know how that was accomplished without throwing the controller through the screen at times. Well, off to work, where I will probably still frequent the boards
    eaglefan129
    Glitcher

Number of posts : 18
    Registration date : 2009-03-31

Post  eaglefan129 on Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:32 pm

I agree it is weird, makes me strach my head Mad
    InFaMoUs1-
    Glitcher

Number of posts : 24
    Registration date : 2009-03-21

Post  InFaMoUs1- on Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:43 am

this game is great but i just wish it had some sort of online mode. remember guys we still haven't gone to mars yet!
    jiggyteddy
    Hard Boiled

Post  jiggyteddy on Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:58 pm

InFaMoUs1- wrote:this game is great but i just wish it had some sort of online mode. remember guys we still haven't gone to mars yet!
    I know I'm waiting for that to open up too!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:51 am