The Nameless Ones

WELCOME TO THE N1 FORUMS

Killzone 2 Toronto Ads Pulled

JamesSoprano

Number of posts : 328
    Registration date : 2009-02-16

Killzone 2 Toronto Ads Pulled

Post  JamesSoprano on Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:09 am

I read this on joystiq today and it was up since yesterday but just noticed now ... i wanna see if any of the male and female of the boards who live in Toronto seen these ads. Then i want people to comment on what people think of the story and put their 2 cents in

my 2 cents: it's a pair of eyes .. sure it could look scary but having red eyes is it always a sign of scaryness ? or violence i think the person should get over them selves .. it seems 1 person has a issue with it it didn't say no one else complained it's not like it's showing guns or blood or fowl language ... what's it really hurting ? man if i lived in Toronto i would tell him and or her to go find something else too worry about like .. bullies on school grounds and weapons or something brought to their school, he/she shouldn't worry about an image at a bus stop... he/she probable found out hey it's a advertisement for a Video game company i better call and make a complaint and make it sound it's the end of the world.
    groovy341
    Pro Bowler

Number of posts : 146
    Registration date : 2009-03-04

Re: Killzone 2 Toronto Ads Pulled

Post  groovy341 on Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:00 pm

JamesSoprano wrote:I read this on joystiq today and it was up since yesterday but just noticed now ... i wanna see if any of the male and female of the boards who live in Toronto seen these ads. Then i want people to comment on what people think of the story and put their 2 cents in

my 2 cents: it's a pair of eyes .. sure it could look scary but having red eyes is it always a sign of scaryness ? or violence i think the person should get over them selves .. it seems 1 person has a issue with it it didn't say no one else complained it's not like it's showing guns or blood or fowl language ... what's it really hurting ? man if i lived in Toronto i would tell him and or her to go find something else too worry about like .. bullies on school grounds and weapons or something brought to their school, he/she shouldn't worry about an image at a bus stop... he/she probable found out hey it's a advertisement for a Video game company i better call and make a complaint and make it sound it's the end of the world.

You are obviously unaware that video games are Satan's design and are going to throw us all back to the stone age and we will all become savages and eat babies because of them.
    Duh!
    Duck_of_Doom
    Flying Couch

Number of posts : 51
    Registration date : 2009-02-19

Post  Duck_of_Doom on Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:17 pm

I live in the GTA (greater Toronto Area) and work in the down town core. I haven't seen anything about this being banned. I've seen the adverts up around town and on TV. However it wouldn't surprise me if it has been done recently...people are overly PC in our country and just love to bash the video game industry. Esp. since a recent tradgey just north of Toronto in a city called Barrie, a 15yr boy died when he "ran away from home" because his Father took away his X-box because he was playing COD5 non stop. Was a huge tradgey, and gave all the liberal do-gooders MAJOR AMMUNITION to bad mouth video games. The kid died by misadventure, (he fell out of a tree), but it was video games that made hime run away and therefore they are the cause of the problem. Arrg, I feel my blood boiling already...
    JamesSoprano

Number of posts : 328
    Registration date : 2009-02-16

Post  JamesSoprano on Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:43 pm

yea i think that's stupid to blame Video Game companies .. i mean their called hardcore games i mean if it ruined his school work then i can see why he took it away but if he was doing passable grades in school .. and homework and then games non-stop after words .. then it should be the kids decesion .. is it unhealthy .. yea but the thing is the game is their to be played it doesn't tell kids to run away ... this was a unforunate incident and VG companies shouldn't have to pay for that
    groovy341
    Pro Bowler

Number of posts : 146
    Registration date : 2009-03-04

Post  groovy341 on Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:21 pm

Again you all are missing the fact that video games are of Satan's design now excuse me while I put on my priest collar, pray to the holy father, and ****** * ****** ***. The way God intended.

Astrix are implemented as to not offend anyone of faith. But maybe you can infer from the quantity and spacing that the words boy, little, and molest were there.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:47 am