The Nameless Ones

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Nameless Ones

WELCOME TO THE N1 FORUMS

3 posters

Yellow Light of Death and the 80 gig motorstorm console.

Wolverine8780
    Wolverine8780
    Flying Couch

Number of posts : 45
    Registration date : 2009-02-24

Yellow Light of Death and the 80 gig motorstorm console. Empty Yellow Light of Death and the 80 gig motorstorm console.

Post  Wolverine8780 Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:56 pm

A week ago today my buddy met321 had a death in his sony family. His 80 gig Motorstorm console passed away ...it was a slow terrible death ...and painfull to hear since I got to hear it over the phone. I own the same exact console so now I am scared ...with very little consolation from sony most of the news we got the following couple of days some made sense .. some didn't. Luckily for met he is getting his serviced free of charge the person met had spoken to was very respectful and was very knowlegeable about the situation with this particular model of ps3. What he says is really the ps3 in general should never be shut off for any reason other than to clean it .. vacume out the ventilation holes atleast once every two weeks for proper ventilation otherwise like mets console , the fans burn themselves up from the initial power up process repeadedly over time (hence the leaving the ps3 on being a good thing). I always leave my ps3 on ... I used to run life with playstation up until recently. But I always wondered if something like this was going to spring up ...is it really only a matter of time before my ps3 kicks the bucket like mets did... do I have reason to worry .. and please suggest to me some outside fan source i could purchase for this ps3 to keep it extra cool. I conside you guys to be very knowlegeable about not just home related material but Playstation material as a whole.
    abkslovak
    abkslovak
    Mallrat

Number of posts : 281
    Registration date : 2009-02-19

Yellow Light of Death and the 80 gig motorstorm console. Empty Re: Yellow Light of Death and the 80 gig motorstorm console.

Post  abkslovak Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:45 pm

Dude im sorry to hear about met's PS3 failure. Just one question about this leaving it on do you mean to say I have a better chance at it not dieing if i leave it on to do LWP all the time.
    CrashMurphy
    CrashMurphy
    Pro Bowler

Number of posts : 144
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Yellow Light of Death and the 80 gig motorstorm console. Empty Re: Yellow Light of Death and the 80 gig motorstorm console.

Post  CrashMurphy Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:48 pm

I think that when all consoles will go when their time is up. I also have the 80GB Motorstorm bundle PS3 and more often than not, I have LWP running. The longest I've had it go at a time is over a week straight. I think the system was designed to run for long periods of time or they wouldn't have included that application which was basically designed for exactly that.
    Wolverine8780
    Wolverine8780
    Flying Couch

Post  Wolverine8780 Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:40 pm

abkslovak wrote:Dude im sorry to hear about met's PS3 failure. Just one question about this leaving it on do you mean to say I have a better chance at it not dieing if i leave it on to do LWP all the time.
    Yeah thats exactly what im saying .. ps3 should be left on to extend the life ... using life with playstation does help give you a reason to. Unfortunatly for me to run LWP Again i have to do a full format because when I did a full back up when I swapped hard drives for some reason Life with playstation locks up my ps3. After doing some research on that subject , full format seems to be the best solution to that problem.
    abkslovak
    abkslovak
    Mallrat

Number of posts : 281
    Registration date : 2009-02-19

Post  abkslovak Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:23 pm

alrite thanks for the input on that as soon as im home im going to switch it on and keep it on
    Wolverine8780
    Wolverine8780
    Flying Couch

Post  Wolverine8780 Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:38 pm

abkslovak wrote:alrite thanks for the input on that as soon as im home im going to switch it on and keep it on
    no problemo
    Wolverine8780
    Wolverine8780
    Flying Couch

Post  Wolverine8780 Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:27 am

So met got his ps3 back yesterday ... and the fuckin UPS guy dropped his ps3 on the ground in front of him... all is well though .. sony gave him a brand new out of the box ps3 to replace his old one ... now he's painstakingly trying to get sony to deactivate his old ps3's accounts so he can re activate them on his new ps3..

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:54 pm