24 Fans? .

Post  BitRunner on Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:15 pm

Any 24 fans around (the TV show)?
    JamesSoprano

Number of posts : 328
    Registration date : 2009-02-16

Re: 24 Fans? .

Post  JamesSoprano on Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:45 pm

RIGHT HERE !!! .. got into the TV Show alittle over a year ago ( not anywhere close too 2 years ) i bought one season watched it and bought another watched it i loved it more and bought the next and the next ETC .. and now i am up to date with 24 on TV ... this season is good too can't wait too see what happens

did you always watch 24 Bitrunner ? if not how far are you up into the Show Season wise and how far are you into the season ( if your not up to date that is )
    BitRunner
    Code Breaker

Number of posts : 380
    Registration date : 2009-02-19

Post  BitRunner on Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:20 am

JamesSoprano wrote:RIGHT HERE !!! .. got into the TV Show alittle over a year ago ( not anywhere close too 2 years ) i bought one season watched it and bought another watched it i loved it more and bought the next and the next ETC .. and now i am up to date with 24 on TV ... this season is good too can't wait too see what happens

did you always watch 24 Bitrunner ? if not how far are you up into the Show Season wise and how far are you into the season ( if your not up to date that is )

I got into it right in the middle of Season 5 watching a few reruns on A&E and then I went on a marathon watching Seasons 1 through 5. I watched Season 6 and have been watching 7 with my g/f, and we've also lately been watching Season 1 together b/c she's never seen it.

I really like the first 3 seasons the best I think, especially the first. The show's gotten a bit too formulaic from s5 onwards but it's still entertaining. I don't buy into the whole "CIP Firewall Device" thing from this season though there's no way we'd be stupid enough as a country to put all our eggs in one basket to something like that. Still though, this season's had some good action scenes so far and I like John Voight ("Oopty f***in oop Billy Bob!" <- Varsity Blues lol) so I want to see how it all plays out.
    JamesSoprano

Post  JamesSoprano on Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:13 am

yea i dunno why but my favorite Season i think .. has to be Season 3 where Jack had the Addiction and he Broke Ramon Salthazar out of prison .. i thought Ramon Salthazar was a bad ass i really liked his as a evil character the most, yea and i agree on the CIP device as well.

Poor Bill tho ... i really liked him .. it was sad too see him go .. were you shocked about Tony being bad this season alot of people thought he was killed .. before it went on Air it showed a preview of 24 Season and this was 24 Redemption ( not sure if you saw that i thought it was a not so bad 2 hour movie but they did very well selling it on DVD ) and when it showed Tony as the bad guy i was like HOLY Shiat ! and i realize that in the season where it showed as if he died ... he didn't cause really if someone " important dies that's good " the time that makes noise .. is silent not sure if you noticed that
    BitRunner
    Code Breaker

Post  BitRunner on Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:25 pm

JamesSoprano wrote:yea i dunno why but my favorite Season i think .. has to be Season 3 where Jack had the Addiction and he Broke Ramon Salthazar out of prison .. i thought Ramon Salthazar was a bad ass i really liked his as a evil character the most, yea and i agree on the CIP device as well.

Poor Bill tho ... i really liked him .. it was sad too see him go .. were you shocked about Tony being bad this season alot of people thought he was killed .. before it went on Air it showed a preview of 24 Season and this was 24 Redemption ( not sure if you saw that i thought it was a not so bad 2 hour movie but they did very well selling it on DVD ) and when it showed Tony as the bad guy i was like HOLY Shiat ! and i realize that in the season where it showed as if he died ... he didn't cause really if someone " important dies that's good " the time that makes noise .. is silent not sure if you noticed that

Did you notice they gave Rene Walker a "fake silent clock" this season when Jack had to bury her? They're getting a bit unreliable with the silent clock these days. Very Happy

Yeah I saw 24: Redemption, I was honestly hoping for a lot better though for a 24 movie, Keifer has been throwing around that idea for a few years now (he said it on Letterman back several years ago, I've been hoping for a movie theater movie like at the end of the series not a straight to DVD "two hour trailer"). I had seen some trailer on Youtube before then about Season 7 so I already knew that Tony was the "bad guy" but I couldn't figure out why, I figured there would be something complicated where he wasn't really though.

As far as villains in 24, the best by far had to be Nina Myers for me, plus she has the coolest death sequence of any villain in 24. Very Happy
    JamesSoprano

Post  JamesSoprano on Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:29 am

BitRunner wrote:
    JamesSoprano wrote:yea i dunno why but my favorite Season i think .. has to be Season 3 where Jack had the Addiction and he Broke Ramon Salthazar out of prison .. i thought Ramon Salthazar was a bad ass i really liked his as a evil character the most, yea and i agree on the CIP device as well.

Did you notice they gave Rene Walker a "fake silent clock" this season when Jack had to bury her? They're getting a bit unreliable with the silent clock these days. Very Happy

Yeah I saw 24: Redemption, I was honestly hoping for a lot better though for a 24 movie, Keifer has been throwing around that idea for a few years now (he said it on Letterman back several years ago, I've been hoping for a movie theater movie like at the end of the series not a straight to DVD "two hour trailer"). I had seen some trailer on Youtube before then about Season 7 so I already knew that Tony was the "bad guy" but I couldn't figure out why, I figured there would be something complicated where he wasn't really though.

As far as villains in 24, the best by far had to be Nina Myers for me, plus she has the coolest death sequence of any villain in 24. Very Happy

ahh jeeze yea I remember her can you tell me how she died I Forget
    BitRunner
    Code Breaker

Post  BitRunner on Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:55 am

JamesSoprano wrote:
    BitRunner wrote:

ahh jeeze yea I remember her can you tell me how she died I Forget

Jack: "You don't have any more useful information do you?"
    Nina: "I do..."
    Jack: "No you don't."
    (bang bang bang)
    JamesSoprano

Post  JamesSoprano on Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:56 pm

LOL classic !!! i remember that now ... it was after the Helicopter Crash if i am right .. man she was such a Biatch. i'm glad he killed her haha ... man i can't wait for tonight's episode .. after tonight's episode we should come back here and talk about it haha
    BitRunner
    Code Breaker

Post  BitRunner on Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:32 am

Wow they'd better not F*cking kill Jack or Tony.

Kim's also supposed to be back in this season towards according to Wikipedia, I wonder if she's going to be kidnapped by Jonas for leverage (ugh... I hate the Kim plots (because she doesn't have the sense God gave a plastic goat's rear-end), seriously... come on cougars?! (season 2)).
    JamesSoprano

Post  JamesSoprano on Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:39 am

Since Bill was killed .. i can't see them killing off another Character
    JamesSoprano

Post  JamesSoprano on Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:59 am

actually if anything .... since JAck was Exposed to the Bio Chemical Weapon .. something tells me he will suffer for it and the show may end next season cause of it cause jack will die .. or something along those lines unless he get's treatment and get's cured .. cause that's just a stupid way to end 24 i think .. and as for tony who would have known he got caught
    BitRunner
    Code Breaker

Post  BitRunner on Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:26 pm

JamesSoprano wrote:actually if anything .... since JAck was Exposed to the Bio Chemical Weapon .. something tells me he will suffer for it and the show may end next season cause of it cause jack will die .. or something along those lines unless he get's treatment and get's cured .. cause that's just a stupid way to end 24 i think .. and as for tony who would have known he got caught

Seems kind of stupid for them to "kill" Tony off and bring him back just to let him get killed again for real. Then again, Milo was in season 1 and didn't show up again until season 6 where he got headshot'd by the mercs who infiltrated CTU, so nothing would surprise me.
    JamesSoprano

Post  JamesSoprano on Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:45 pm

yea exactly. you can totally predict this show if you got one WILD Imagination and think of things that are cliche/far fetched then you can guess alot of things that will happen in 24 ... and as they made the thing dramatic .. for last night when he was exposed .. well if he's fine .. a few years later might start showing symtoms and then have him retire or die 1 of the 2. i didn't get to see what next weeks episode is about did you ?
    BitRunner
    Code Breaker

Post  BitRunner on Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:23 pm

JamesSoprano wrote:yea exactly. you can totally predict this show if you got one WILD Imagination and think of things that are cliche/far fetched then you can guess alot of things that will happen in 24 ... and as they made the thing dramatic .. for last night when he was exposed .. well if he's fine .. a few years later might start showing symtoms and then have him retire or die 1 of the 2. i didn't get to see what next weeks episode is about did you ?

It shows Tony getting the crap beat out of him in a room, and Jack getting hosed down by the CDC (Center for Disease Control) after being exposed to Starkwood's biological weapon from last night's episode, then Renee tells him the results are in and you can see a very depressed looking Jack (and they did the same kind of slow camera on Jack that they did from the preview the week before Bill was killed).

Also, from an interview yesterday with Keifer Sutherland on his role in "Monsters vs. Aliens":

Q: Give us a hint about the much anticipated last episode of this season's 24.

A: The most I can tell you about it is that it's not going to end because someone cuts two wires and the clock on the bomb stops. It is going to end with some of the characters going through a very difficult emotional dilemma which will be much more dramatic than a big action sequence. I believe that it's the most powerful important ending that we've ever had to a season.

We also know Kim is going to be on for a few episodes later this season (I assumed earlier because Jonas Hodges would try to kidnap her for leverage against Jack), so I assume her and Jack are the ones going through a "difficult emotional dilemna". Also Day 8 is supposed to take place 6 weeks after Day 7 apparently. I'm thinking Day 8 will probably be the last season, I just hope they don't kill off Jack (then again, considering that every agency in the show has tried to stop him from doing what's right and necessary, maybe his death would be the ultimate wake-up call and his service to the country could only be appreciated posthumously).
    JamesSoprano

Post  JamesSoprano on Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:52 pm

yea it sucks they would end it that way. and has to come to a ending like that .. and i knew their was gonna be something wrong with jack .. next season we will find out .. that he only has so long to live .. i bet it's how it will play out and that will suck big time. i'm against this idea
    groovy341
    Pro Bowler

Number of posts : 146
    Registration date : 2009-03-04

Post  groovy341 on Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:58 pm

Just wanted to hijack this thread for a second and say

24 fans? Nope looks like 2!
    BitRunner
    Code Breaker

Post  BitRunner on Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:04 pm

groovy341 wrote:Just wanted to hijack this thread for a second and say

Yeah yeah yeah...

I think Narde is one too from his post in the N1s thread in the PS Home forums the other day but he hasn't posted here yet.

A lot of people don't get into 24 because it's "hard to follow" even though it's really not, it's only hard to follow if you only watch 1 in every 5 episodes. Very Happy
    groovy341
    Pro Bowler

Number of posts : 146
    Registration date : 2009-03-04

Post  groovy341 on Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:25 pm

BitRunner wrote:
    groovy341 wrote:Just wanted to hijack this thread for a second and say

Yeah yeah yeah...

I think Narde is one too from his post in the N1s thread in the PS Home forums the other day but he hasn't posted here yet.

A lot of people don't get into 24 because it's "hard to follow" even though it's really not, it's only hard to follow if you only watch 1 in every 5 episodes. Very Happy

Just wanted to give you guys a hard time. I have never seen the show as I have no television signal capabilities at my house. I have a deep seated hatred for most media sans music and games. Movies and TV sucks in my humblest of humbles. I like some stuff like Family Guy and House and I might even enjoy 24 if I had ever seen it but alas that shant happen. Oh crap I started to ramble didn't I?
    JamesSoprano

Post  JamesSoprano on Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:01 pm

really bitrunner .. can you Link me .. i really like to see this post from Narde
    BitRunner
    Code Breaker

Post  BitRunner on Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:00 pm

JamesSoprano wrote:really bitrunner .. can you Link me .. i really like to see this post from Narde

Sure it's on the N1s thread look back to Monday I or Sunday I think. If u can't find it I'll link later (on my crappy celphone right now).
    JamesSoprano

Post  JamesSoprano on Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:14 pm

ok cool i'l look for it tomorrow cause i'm heading out soon
    BitRunner
    Code Breaker

Post  BitRunner on Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:43 pm

JamesSoprano wrote:ok cool i'l look for it tomorrow cause i'm heading out soon

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3home&thread.id=563395&view=by_date_ascending&page=128
    JamesSoprano

Post  JamesSoprano on Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:10 am

NArde !!! post in here Man i didn't know you were a 24 Fan ... what do you think of the season soo far
    JamesSoprano

Post  JamesSoprano on Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:33 pm

wow that was a shocker ( not ) i seen this coming for jack ( his results ) the show was ok but the test results really sucked i predict one more Season ...

what was your thought BitRunner
    BitRunner
    Code Breaker

Post  BitRunner on Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:08 am

JamesSoprano wrote:wow that was a shocker ( not ) i seen this coming for jack ( his results ) the show was ok but the test results really sucked i predict one more Season ...

what was your thought BitRunner

Well, there's definitely supposed to be one more season, plus a movie (of course, the movie could be from an earlier point in the timeline).

I think Jack is ultimately screwed (unless the CDC magically finds a cure), I've also heard rumors that by the end of the season Tony might be a bad guy again. We'll just have to wait and see. I think it sucks to watch Jack unable to do what he wants to do and watch his condition continue to deteriorate. However, I have to see I saw it all coming since last season when they started phasing him out as the main character on the show (in fact, I saw a Larry King Live interview where Keiffer talked about the future possibility of the show going on without him as the main character, which will obviously not happen (just look at how much CSI sucks now without Grissolm)).

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:45 am