Ideas For Home

Post  Admin on Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:41 pm

What ideas for Home do you have. Post away without worry of it being locked

nyma11

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2009-02-25

Re: Ideas For Home

Post  nyma11 on Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:23 am

First of all, thanks for the invitation!

This place is refreshing to say the least.

My only issue with home at this point is the lack of Game Launching. A feature that home is sure to be doomed without.

I was always under the impression that home would cater to current games as well as keep us informed about new titles. It seems that instead, home is catering to itself.

All those features such as Picture sharing, video chat, music, avatar clothing, should SUPPLEMENT games that are out there now. it should be a place to keep someone occupied while waiting to play a game, not the other way around.

My biggest fear once game laucnhing is more wide range, is having a purpose to signing onto home BEFORE playing a title.

Why would i want to log onto home before playing a game?
    Why would i want to log into home period?
    Can i really find someone with common gaming interests in home?
    What types of game title related things can be done in home?

I think home managers need to ask themselves these questions before releasing anything else.
    Speedracer1955
    Bubble Dancer

Number of posts : 122
    Registration date : 2009-02-24

Post  Speedracer1955 on Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:04 pm

If you are referencing that wonderful video on YouTube about Phil's attempted rollout of Home in 07 then yes what we have now is a little underpowered. But I suspect that it will get better with time. Since most of the items we are seeking like game launching has been left up to the devs, they are probably waiting to patch their games until they can get a game space presence built to launch at the same time.

I read about the game launching in the Warhawk space and it sounds just like it was before the Command Center was released but there might be some small tweaks like the sand table. But the launching part sounds like it was the same, not sure since I am more of a Racing Sim fan, like Gran Turismo.

And since most of the cool features announced by Phil were some of his babies it might take Sony a while to get past the Xenophobes at HQ to get them implemented.

So keep gaming and watch Home grow...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:39 pm