The Nameless Ones

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Nameless Ones

WELCOME TO THE N1 FORUMS

5 posters

Fallout 3 Review

JamesSoprano
    JamesSoprano

Number of posts : 328
    Registration date : 2009-02-16

Fallout 3 Review Empty Fallout 3 Review

Post  JamesSoprano Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:16 am

I borrowed this game back around the End of Janurary and i wanted it for a week .. till my friend said keep it longer which is great cause he never got half way in the game he is only at the beginning still. I was skeptical of Fallout 3 .. i never ever in my life played a Fallout Title I only play Oblivion by Bethesda and i really liked that game i was told Fallout 3 was like it but with guns and this is what i didn't like the sounds of.

I popped the disc in and found myself as the baby in the game which i thought was kinda funny and cool so i decided to run around and see what's what and then years skip by till your the age of 16. In the game takes place in a Nuclear Wasteland and before the people of washington DC traveled underground in a vault to protect them selves. at the age of 16 your father escapes and all hell breaks loose. before you leave you decide what your mastering and what your skills points go too. after you leave you have to go around the map which is a big one at that to look for your father but thankfully your map is marked on where to go first which is right by Vault 101 ( the Vault you came out of ) and then talk to people around town and find out where your father went and continue the main story missions and at some places their is also Side Quests as well to do For Example in Megatown their is a Huge Bomb the Children Of The Atom Worship ( which this idea came from some movie i forget the title maybe someone can fill that in for me ) the Feature of Good and evil are in this game, you can either save the city from the huge nuke from disarming it BUT only if your Explosives skill is higher then others will award you good Karma, OR you can set it to blow and Wipe out Megaton off the Map and thus gives you Evil Karma.

the next thing i wanna talk about is Controls. The Controls in this game are simple and will not take one long to learn the controls. the game play is like Oblivion but with Guns as i mentioned above and what is a let down is you can use your bllets up easily and if your playing good and just exploring around the map for new locations and run out of ammo this can be very bad name as you could be walking near Deathclaw Caves or Yua Guiao Caves and these beats are hard too kill especially on normal difficulty at the beginning of the game. the good thing is you can start the game on Easy and work your way so far and switch the game difficulty higher in the Game Options. This game is quite long and especially if your going for the trophy's I did go for the trophies and got them all which took me some time to get, The ones that were alittle long before i found out a few tricks too some of them or found out i wasn't in the Right place for part of a mission but in the Wrong area by looking info up on the Internet the Two Side Quests that can take long to complete is the dreadfull Nuka-Cola Challenge and the Wasteland Survival Guide which is not too hard but time consuming. If your going for trophies instead of completed the game 3 times for Good, Neutal or Bad Karma. you can start the game make sure your doing good things and then when you come to a level where your close to leveling up for a trophy save the game in a new slot and keep playing and get good Karma Trophie and after that reload back to the same spot ( but make sure no enemies around if your in the World Map ) then to get evil Karma go to Megaton and steal alot of items from houses till your Over Encumbered and drop them all and keep doing this also Kill everyone in sigh and level p this way .. IF you cannot level up then simply go to the world map and kill enemies till you do .. then reload and then steal enough stuff in Megaton till you get neutral KArma and just fight off Animals or the Talon Company or Mutant's or whatever you can to get EXP ( but stay away from doing good deeds getting the Neutral Karma Trophy cause then you COULD lose the Neutral Status and gain good again or Evil if you end up doing more evil things.

This game was Fun to play i wouldn't buy the game for $59.99 but i would for a Greatest Hits Title Price $( 29.99 but no higher then $39.99 and this is without tax ) but since i have Completed the game and got 100% of trophies their is no reason i should buy it. the game doesn't Wow me much but it's cool having Mutliple Endings in the game and playing either the Good or Neutral or Evil side of a story which makes me wish some older RPG games had that feature into it. The Game Is Just Good it's not great i think the game is a bit over hyped but i wasn't expecting alot for the game but that maybe cause i never played a fallout game before.

I Rate This Game a 8/10
    EvoAnubis
    EvoAnubis
    Region Hopper

Number of posts : 76
    Registration date : 2009-02-27

Fallout 3 Review Empty Re: Fallout 3 Review

Post  EvoAnubis Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:29 pm

Good review.
    groovy341
    groovy341
    Pro Bowler

Number of posts : 146
    Registration date : 2009-03-04

Post  groovy341 Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:00 pm

If you still have never played the predecessors let me be the first to say that they are must plays. Completely different from Fallout 3, but part 2 is my all time favorite game ever. Even more so than Mario RPG and if you don't know already I love Mario RPG. Anyway, Fallout and Fallout 2 for the PC are essential games to play if you want to have a fulfilling life.
    Asuka
    Asuka
    Deathscythe

Number of posts : 278
    Registration date : 2009-02-19

Post  Asuka Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:03 pm

I'm just going to leave this here....
    http://www.vgcats.com/comics/
    InFaMoUs1-
    InFaMoUs1-
    Glitcher