Firmware 2.70 - First Details

Post  EvoAnubis on Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:43 pm

whitwhit
    Air Race Junkie

Number of posts : 189
    Registration date : 2009-02-19

Re: Firmware 2.70 - First Details

Post  whitwhit on Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:56 pm

well that text chat seems pretty interesting. oh well something to look foward to i guess. thanks evo for the update
    jiggyteddy
    Hard Boiled

Number of posts : 203
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  jiggyteddy on Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:22 pm

Thanks Evo.

Nothing really that interesting for me here. I wasn't looking for much.

I was a little excited when they mentioned the sorting of the friends list... which didn't look impressive to me one bit.

Oh well... better luck next time then.
    BitRunner
    Code Breaker

Number of posts : 380

Post  BitRunner on Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:33 pm

Wow, epic suck. How much longer is Sony going to beat around the bush on in-game Voice Chat and Voice Messaging?

I'm sorry, but usually when I'm playing an online game where PAUSING WON'T STOP YOU FROM GETTING FRAGGED, I usually like to be left the f*ck alone from XMB Messages while playing... I don't want to stop game, whip out the keyboard, and respond to every single impatient "ARE YOU THERE?!" message that comes my way (and yes, I mistakenly bought one of those crappy keypad attachments, and it's even worse than my Logitech BT keyboard since according to Sony I must have a condition commonly known as "Hot Dog Fingers", but to be fair I've had the same problem with BlackBerries before).

Voice messaging would be a lot quicker, or even better is what the 360 has had for a while where I can just open a private voice chat channel with a friend or group of friends.

I know... preaching to the choir, everyone knows this, but like I've argued before Sony has really good games (despite the lack of good JRPGs yet), but is really lacking in the Firmware/OS area, and we're in 2009 now. I'm hoping the next go round we'll get some real improvement.

[/rant]
    [waiting_continues]
    EvoAnubis
    Region Hopper

Number of posts : 76
    Registration date : 2009-02-27

Post  EvoAnubis on Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:08 pm

N1s . . . I can't believe I'm about to say this, but this is live NOW.
    BigVic
    Glitcher

Number of posts : 22

Post  BigVic on Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:35 pm

I wasn't expecting much from the firmware update either. Hopefully there will be somethin better next time around.
    BitRunner
    Code Breaker

Post  BitRunner on Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:30 am

EvoAnubis wrote:N1s . . . I can't believe I'm about to say this, but this is live NOW.

Yeah, I got it a while ago, and the text chat is just as annoying as I thought it might be. Constant text msgs going on the notification bar while you're playing your game.
    CrashMurphy
    Pro Bowler

Number of posts : 144
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  CrashMurphy on Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:59 am

Disappointing.
    EvoAnubis
    Region Hopper

Number of posts : 76
    Registration date : 2009-02-27

Post  EvoAnubis on Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:06 am

BitRunner wrote:
    EvoAnubis wrote:N1s . . . I can't believe I'm about to say this, but this is live NOW.

Yeah, I got it a while ago, and the text chat is just as annoying as I thought it might be. Constant text msgs going on the notification bar while you're playing your game.

I like that. How else would you know what's being discussed?
    IZZYDOG
    Beta

Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2009-03-31

Post  IZZYDOG on Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:58 am

I like the features in this update.
    abkslovak
    Mallrat

Number of posts : 281

Post  abkslovak on Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:26 am

I had some time to look at this a little better im not going to sit here and say all good nor bad things about this it is alright but I have stoped using my aim and/or yahoo instant messaging and this kinda feels just like that lol o well i guess Sony want to take things REALLY SLOW and get things to work better. we will see when the next update comes.
    BitRunner
    Code Breaker

Post  BitRunner on Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:59 am

EvoAnubis wrote:
    BitRunner wrote:

I like that. How else would you know what's being discussed?

That's not the main problem I see (but a huge annoyance came in when I was in a text chat w/ 16 people last night and text messages were going across every .5 seconds). The main problem I see is how people will use it (because the internet has bred a culture of extremely impatient people). It won't be long before I have to start pissing off people left and right because they'll want me to join a chat RIGHT NOW and want me to respond to every single message as soon as they come across... which I'm not going to do when I'm playing a game online or if I'm in an incredibly difficult situation (as I was last night on the last Soviet mission on C&C RA3).
    Duck_of_Doom
    Flying Couch

Number of posts : 51

Post  Duck_of_Doom on Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:42 pm

wOOt! Another thing to distract me from the tracer rounds pinging all around my head...

I agree with you Bitrunner, that in game VOICE MESSAGING would be the step that Sony needs to take. I just hope this in game chat is a case of Sony learning to crawl before they walk and then run.

I see a future of a in game VIDEO MESSAGING with a little pop-up in the corner for all those people with the PS3 EYE recording a 5-10 second video message...wouldn't that be the cat's ass!!!
    Veago
    Pro Bowler

Number of posts : 134
    Registration date : 2009-03-06

Post  Veago on Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:55 pm

i actually like this update, it makes it alot easier when talkin to my mate rather then all the reading through the messages n then exiing then returning to the game i can check n reply withone press o a button (ps).... makes it easier for my anyway, if it distracts some people you can just choose not to join the text chat
    BitRunner
    Code Breaker

Post  BitRunner on Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:01 pm

Duck_of_Doom wrote:wOOt! Another thing to distract me from the tracer rounds pinging all around my head...

I agree with you Bitrunner, that in game VOICE MESSAGING would be the step that Sony needs to take. I just hope this in game chat is a case of Sony learning to crawl before they walk and then run.

I see a future of a in game VIDEO MESSAGING with a little pop-up in the corner for all those people with the PS3 EYE recording a 5-10 second video message...wouldn't that be the cat's ass!!!

Yes that would most DEFINITELY be the cat's ass! Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:01 pm