The Nameless Ones

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Nameless Ones

WELCOME TO THE N1 FORUMS

+2
abkslovak
JamesSoprano
6 posters

Uncharted 2 MP ? Oh God No

JamesSoprano
    JamesSoprano

Number of posts : 328
    Registration date : 2009-02-16

Uncharted 2 MP ?   Oh God No Empty Uncharted 2 MP ? Oh God No

Post  JamesSoprano Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:51 am

after hearing this today ..... i'm just too disgusted to even think on buying the game. i'm sorry but CO-OP i can do for this game at most .. but a Player VS Player mode in someway ? please Uncharted is the game for Single player Experience .. and that's ruined for me now ... wanna know what else is ruined ? Trophies ... i do not care about online trophies except for the fact that if it's CO-OP then i'm ok with that obviously.

games today have to have MP i'm not crazy over MP .. I only played one game i liked for MP and that was for PC years ago .. ugh my opinion ? every game will have MP ! and then their will be no title with Single player play only and MP will no longer be fresh their will be TOO MANY GAMES with MP .. you know how Sony has some AAA titles come out maybe 1 or 2 or maybe even 3 in the same month .. and you get all 3... how are you gonna balance them to play them online ? not only that .. if i was into MP and just after playing all these games with MP and find it just dies quickly cause their all the same most of the time would definitely kill the MP experience for me as not a whole lot of fresh ideas seem to be coming for the Video Game Industry these day's i find

example: too much FPS not enough RPGS and or platforming games like PS1 had in the old days.

it just makes me wanna quit gaming cause i hate paying for games for functions i'l not use .. if their was ever a games where you can buy the SP version stand alone seperate from the SP/MP on the same disc version .. i definitely would.

sorry guys i had to rant about this ... but i feel that i should just go back to the old days of gaming and not bother with Future Consoles. what next ... GOD OF WAR 3 HAVE MP AS WELL !

i feel these titles are ruined cause a game i like that's just SP action in it is a Gem ( Heavenly Sword, God Of War, Uncharted, Bioshock, )
    abkslovak
    abkslovak
    Mallrat

Number of posts : 281
    Registration date : 2009-02-19

Uncharted 2 MP ?   Oh God No Empty Re: Uncharted 2 MP ? Oh God No

Post  abkslovak Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:58 am

Well to tell you the truth man im with you on this one not for the MP or CO-OP (I rather have coop over then anything) but Im not a big fan of Uncharted.
    JamesSoprano
    JamesSoprano

Post  JamesSoprano Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:07 pm

see i am a huge fan i loved the action and story .. it's great ! .... but when it comes too adding things that don't really need to be .. is just awfull. IMO Bioshock should not have MP as well .. maybe except for CO-OP .. but even then i wouldn't want CO-OP in that kinda game ... so i rather see them stick to the original guns and go with SP only for Bioshock and Uncharted cause a MP aspect don't sit well with me. imagine .. a Player VS Player on Uncharted 2 like deathmatch mode ... UGH ... sounds horrible even if their was team play .. even if their was be the first team to find the treasure on the map while in teams killing each other to get it first .. or it would be like CAPTURE THE FLAG .. but it's a treasure of some sort .... it's too stupid .. Naughty Dog should stick to what the game was best at ... SP only
    Speedracer1955
    Speedracer1955
    Bubble Dancer

Number of posts : 122
    Registration date : 2009-02-24

Uncharted 2 MP ?   Oh God No Empty SP vs MP

Post  Speedracer1955 Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:06 pm

Well I do agree with you on one point, that Online MP mode does not work for all games. Developers should just realize that... What next R&C online Death matches?? I can see some scenario of 2 player co-op mode in both offline or online mode. Make the game a little more fun to play with friends. But when you add online just to have an online experience then how good will that experience be. I could see an InFamous online mode where you choose sides and then play against each other like good vs evil etc...

But for Uncharted2 that game does not lend well to online multi-player because of the storyline nature of the game...
    abkslovak
    abkslovak
    Mallrat

Post  abkslovak Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:35 pm

JamesSoprano wrote:see i am a huge fan i loved the action and story .. it's great ! .... but when it comes too adding things that don't really need to be .. is just awfull. IMO Bioshock should not have MP as well .. maybe except for CO-OP .. but even then i wouldn't want CO-OP in that kinda game ... so i rather see them stick to the original guns and go with SP only for Bioshock and Uncharted cause a MP aspect don't sit well with me. imagine .. a Player VS Player on Uncharted 2 like deathmatch mode ... UGH ... sounds horrible even if their was team play .. even if their was be the first team to find the treasure on the map while in teams killing each other to get it first .. or it would be like CAPTURE THE FLAG .. but it's a treasure of some sort .... it's too stupid .. Naughty Dog should stick to what the game was best at ... SP only

O yes i agree with you games that dont need MP really blows take The Godfather 2 the 1st one didnt need it but they added it anyways. The only reason y I play it (MP) is so i can get my Single player guy up on SP so he can get more guns which is pretty freaking gay cus only one person at a time per a game can get points and you gotta be number 1 (the top player) GAY. Thanks EA for screwing up in this game and again im NOT buying anymore EA games cus they screwed up with this.

Hey James im sorry i was just ranting and raving of what i found in common with wat your saying lol

@SpeedRacer; Kudos
    JamesSoprano
    JamesSoprano

Post  JamesSoprano Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:23 pm

abkslovak wrote:
    JamesSoprano wrote:see i am a huge fan i loved the action and story .. it's great ! .... but when it comes too adding things that don't really need to be .. is just awfull. IMO Bioshock should not have MP as well .. maybe except for CO-OP .. but even then i wouldn't want CO-OP in that kinda game ... so i rather see them stick to the original guns and go with SP only for Bioshock and Uncharted cause a MP aspect don't sit well with me. imagine .. a Player VS Player on Uncharted 2 like deathmatch mode ... UGH ... sounds horrible even if their was team play .. even if their was be the first team to find the treasure on the map while in teams killing each other to get it first .. or it would be like CAPTURE THE FLAG .. but it's a treasure of some sort .... it's too stupid .. Naughty Dog should stick to what the game was best at ... SP only

O yes i agree with you games that dont need MP really blows take The Godfather 2 the 1st one didnt need it but they added it anyways. The only reason y I play it (MP) is so i can get my Single player guy up on SP so he can get more guns which is pretty freaking gay cus only one person at a time per a game can get points and you gotta be number 1 (the top player) GAY. Thanks EA for screwing up in this game and again im NOT buying anymore EA games cus they screwed up with this.

Hey James im sorry i was just ranting and raving of what i found in common with wat your saying lol

well i have not played it but i sorta felt the same for The Godfather 2 .. i have The Godfather The Don's Edtion and i liked it .. their was no MP or CO-OP .. it was great i loved the game !!! so yes what you have to say is falling into the category
    abkslovak
    abkslovak
    Mallrat

Post  abkslovak Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:21 pm

lol you should try it RENTAL ight cus im done with it and the 1st one took me a while to play and i did like it as well but the 2nd one sucks badly if they didnt add the MP then I think it would of been longer lmao. O and the map in 2 is really small you can run around to every place to get what you need but the 1st one was not like that DAM EA lol

thanks for your feedback on that james
    NJShadow
    NJShadow
    Pro Bowler

Number of posts : 146
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  NJShadow Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:08 pm

Ooooookkkkk....... First off, no one's even seen the multiplayer yet, it could be awesome. Also, I'm buying the game regardless... I don't see how adding a SEPARATE COMPONENT to a game would cause' someone to NOT buy it, seems weird to me...
    JamesSoprano
    JamesSoprano

Post  JamesSoprano Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:21 am

i wouldn't buy it right away .. but i just really hate when games get MP when it's perfectly fine without it .. and that not all games need MP mode .. if it's CO-OP well i can live with that but if it's something else besides CO-OP .... then their adding un-nessary things in the game. but yea your right on the whole. no one has seen it yet but i'm setting my self up for a dissapointment that it will be something stupid like deathmatch or CTF but with treasure or something... i duno we shall see.
    Wolverine8780
    Wolverine8780
    Flying Couch

Number of posts : 45
    Registration date : 2009-02-24

Post  Wolverine8780 Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:22 am

Yeah the most id be in for with uncharted is the co op story mode. anything else is overkill... but id like a co op story mode.
    BitRunner
    BitRunner
    Code Breaker

Number of posts : 380

Post  BitRunner Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:29 pm

This looks like one of those perfect examples of when games throw in MP just to throw it in.

I love a good single player game and the first Uncharted was pretty entertaining. Throw in MP though and it will just be that, THROWN IN.

I really like the way RE5 did it with co-op, I wish more single player games did it that way instead of throwing in a separate MP component that would never hold up to bigger MP games like Call of Duty.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:53 am