WELCOME TO THE N1 FORUMS

Games Cause Disease ...Since When?.

Wolverine8780
    Flying Couch

Number of posts : 45
    Registration date : 2009-02-24

Games Cause Disease ...Since When?.

Post  Wolverine8780 on Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:20 am

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/02/25/study-finds-unique-gaming-disease-playstation-palmar-hidradenit/ . I saw this on Joystiq ... and I found it kind of funny in a way because of how the doctors reacted to some of this. It's a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do a practice..

Last edited by Wolverine8780 on Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
    JamesSoprano

Number of posts : 328
    Registration date : 2009-02-16

Re: Games Cause Disease ...Since When?.

Post  JamesSoprano on Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:38 am

haven't seen this yet. yea cause someone plays a game for incrdible amount of time that makes something happen to the play when playing .. IT'S NOT A DISEASE PEOPLE .. if people wanna sit their for 30 hours straight and not take a break it's their own Damn fault .. and for this article .. hopefully the girl has learned her lesson to not play the game or hold the controller so tight. it's just common sense to take break hell i can play hours on end .. take yesterday for example i played Fallout 3 from early day to late at night .. but guess what .. I TOOK BREAKS 5 mins to 30 min long breaks !!!! hate ho people BLAME VIDEO GAMES for the worlds problems ...

Oh little billy punched and kicked a kid at school cause he learned it from a game. it's GTA'S FAULT !!! ... or oh my god my kid has Sleep Issues we blame the video game company !!! well it's not the video game industry's fault .. don't let your kids play for so damn long and get them away to take a break by watching TV or going for a walk or something. and if the problem is a type of game they play and do somehing off it and blame it on the game .. say GTA IV ... well then who bought the kid the game ? it's the parents fault.. not the video game company.

No matter what these days it seems to be the video game companies or Devs fault .. never the parents .. never the kids. jeeze back in the day Comic Books and ( rock and roll ) were to blame for things in the past now it's HEY ! let's Blame these people now.... Sorry people but you have to take response ability into your own hands.

Sorry for the Rant people but it get's under my skin but Scientist's think their so smart by something stupid as this article mentions calling it a disease and jump on this stuff too quickly.
    Wolverine8780
    Flying Couch

Post  Wolverine8780 on Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:42 am

I totally agree with this sentiment ..James. It pisses me off that the media ... mainly 60 plus somethings , don't really understand or give a hoot about the gaming industry enough to realize that people are people and sometimes people do stupid crap... doesn't mean Grand Theft hooker Wars caused them to do it. But see those 60 plus somethings didnt have things like this when they were teens or even our age possibly .. the most I knew of from back in that day was pinball ... go figure.
    JamesSoprano

Number of posts : 328
    Registration date : 2009-02-16

Post  JamesSoprano on Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:34 pm

Pinball is AWESOME ! ... well least the Mario one was for the NES ... i'm surprised no one else comment on this .. either i hit the Nail on the head OR i scared people away LOL
    Wolverine8780
    Flying Couch

Post  Wolverine8780 on Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:09 pm

I changed the subject line that might get everyones attention.
    jiggyteddy
    Hard Boiled

Number of posts : 203
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  jiggyteddy on Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:12 pm

James pretty much hit the nail on the head with this one.

The choice is all up to the individual.
    Asuka
    Deathscythe

Number of posts : 278
    Registration date : 2009-02-19

Post  Asuka on Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:22 pm

I got a blister from jamming the D-pad too much while playing Geon - oh woe is me! I need a doctor, stat!

Ugh. Some people want to blame video games for everything. I don't get it.
    BitRunner
    Code Breaker

Number of posts : 380
    Registration date : 2009-02-19

Post  BitRunner on Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:18 pm

I really hate that doctors and the rest of the uneducated in the world want to call continuous video game playing a "disease".

I play games because it's a fun hobby that I've been doing since I was 4. Is it fundamentally any different than people generations before me like my uncle who spend months creating model trains/planes/cars/whatever? Is it different than someone who sits around watching sports games on TV all night? No, not really IMO. Video games don't cause any sort of chemical dependency, if you want to walk away, you can without having severe withdrawal symptoms (I've been addicted to cigarettes for a long time and if I go about 3 hours without one I start getting incredibly irritable and may even fall asleep eventually, trying to kick that habit isn't easy). The only difference is that it has such a negative meaning with people who don't understand the fact that everyone has a preference in their entertainment.
    Speedracer1955
    Bubble Dancer

Number of posts : 122

Post  Speedracer1955 on Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:21 pm

Asuka wrote:I got a blister from jamming the D-pad too much while playing Geon - oh woe is me! I need a doctor, stat!

Ugh. Some people want to blame video games for everything. I don't get it.

It is the way that people try to absolve themselves of the guilt of not doing what a parent should do... And then the lawyers get someone to file a suit then try to go class action and get lots of legal fees paid and then dump the client with nothing more than press clippings to show for it...Actually parents are to self involved working to make a life for their kids to monitor what is happening in the bedroom on a game console, "at least they aren't on the streets"...LoL

I know that game addiction feeling, there are some games that cause me to loose track of time when I get so engrossed into them that I endup going to bed at 3 or 4am in the next morning... But that is all my decision, because the game is so addicting.

That is what dev's want, even a legal challenge will bring a lot of free cred to the game and it sells more...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:36 am