The Nameless Ones

WELCOME TO THE N1 FORUMS

Little Big Planet Review

Poll

On a scale of 1 to 10 10 being AWESOME what would YOU rate LBP?

[ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    5% [5%] 
    [ 1 ]
    5% [5%] 
    [ 5 ]
    26% [26%] 
    [ 6 ]
    32% [32%] 
    [ 6 ]
    32% [32%] 

Total Votes: 19
    austinite04

Number of posts : 1
    Registration date : 2009-02-26

Little Big Planet Review

Post  austinite04 on Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:57 am

By my opinion LBP gets a 10.

The recent add-ons (metal gear) have really made this game kick Xbox's coin purse.

I don't like how boring the editor is right now but hold out on the multiplayer editor patch, thus my reasoning for the 10.

This game has anyone creating levels that would have otherwise not existed in this way. I can't imagine another game on the crapbox ever being THIS cool. So Props to Sony and Media Molecule for making a gem of a game.

BY THE WAY: feel free to comment on this poll the more replies the better..
    jiggyteddy
    Hard Boiled

Number of posts : 203
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Re: Little Big Planet Review

Post  jiggyteddy on Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:50 am

Austin glad to see you on board!

Great first topic.

I still boot up the game time to time, and still appreciate it. I hope this game proved one thing--that innovation can still be achieved. Game sales have been disappointing for this title, but Media Molecule is in it for the long haul.

With a PSP version now official, it is going to be interesting how they present LBP on the go.
    abkslovak
    Mallrat

Number of posts : 281
    Registration date : 2009-02-19

Post  abkslovak on Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:13 am

hey Austin

sup man just thought i would say I really do like LBP but im still getting impatient on waitting for them to add the co-op to the creater.
    BitRunner
    Code Breaker

Number of posts : 380

Post  BitRunner on Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:04 pm

I think LBP is pretty fun as a game by itself.

Unfortunately it's a fair bit frustrating after a while as for as the level creator. The memory limitations fairly suck and the level creator is glitchy as hell. I think it would be better if they'd at least released an Image Import Tool, but who knows if that will ever come to fruition (basically, I don't ever plan on really playing LBP again until they do).
    JamesSoprano

Number of posts : 328
    Registration date : 2009-02-16

Post  JamesSoprano on Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:15 pm

I like LBP it's new and refreshing .. all their is these days are FPS .. and they know they tend to sell well but the point is .. their's too many ... and i think we need more games like this ( that's new or puts a spin on things ) .. but really i want more RPG Games * Crosses fingers for Tactics Ogre * i have never played Disgaea Series ( however it's spelled ) anmd i like to .. apparently it's popular.. the only RPG i have is Untold Legends. a few things annoy me about the game but it's better then nothing right !?

but i did rate LBP a 9/10
    Afro Samurai Anubyss
    Flying Couch

Number of posts : 49
    Registration date : 2009-03-02

Post  Afro Samurai Anubyss on Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:21 pm

LBP is if not the best PS3 game IMO king

martin447
    Beta

Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2009-02-24

Post  martin447 on Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:40 am

i love LBP, and i would like to give it a 10, but my game-progress-date got corrupted when i almost had everything...

now i managed to get everything again, and i got all items, and aced all levels, but i loved the story mode, and i wish they would add new story-levels (MGS-DLC)

anyways, when i finally have the patience, i LOVE to make levels.
    at the moment i'm making a Quiz-level, where i put symbols/logos and a line or 2, then you have to guess what game it's from, aswell as what character has it, or is related to it.

and i like that, it's actually fairly easy to prepare a fun level for party-nights with the friends Razz

like my quiz level... though I'M just too lazy to finish it Razz

but after finishing the story-levels, the experience i have with LBP is a bit different Sad but it's still fun none the less Smile

^talking too much Razz
    Asuka
    Deathscythe

Number of posts : 278

Post  Asuka on Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:58 pm

Well, I'll trow this out here to anyone that needs it. I've gotten the Platinum on that game (read: I've found everything), so if anyone needs help finding stuff, I'm more than willing to help. This includes the add-on games and such. ^_^
    JamesSoprano

Number of posts : 328
    Registration date : 2009-02-16

Post  JamesSoprano on Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:17 pm

one big issue i am having besides getting items .. is the fact of Aceing all levels .. it's freaking hard !! i haven't tried some of them but the one i want done THE MOST ... is the LEvel with the HUGE WHEEL .. yea you guys and gals remember that level right i threw my controller in frustration cause of that level ( threw it on the bed ) i am really close too getting platinum i need to ace levels and then get all items.

Asuka i might have to take you up on your offer some time Razz
    Asuka
    Deathscythe

Post  Asuka on Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:07 pm

JamesSoprano wrote:i haven't tried some of them but the one i want done THE MOST ... is the LEvel with the HUGE WHEEL ..
    Yeah, that wheel took me a bit. I got it after my 4th try though; that one's all about timing, knowing what you can grab/hold, and trusting your jumps. Even though I aced it, I only ace it about 60% of the time; it's definitely tough.

The one that gave me the most trouble was the mini-game race unlocked in the Magician's level. You have to run the course twice, and that course is just mean. >_<

martin447
    Beta

Post  martin447 on Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:57 pm

the infamous wheel of madness Razz

took me quite some time too, but to make matters worse, when i passed it without dying, i were still mad, and extremely surpsrised... i was shaking slightly... and died in front of the door to the goal......... WOW..... good thing that's done now Razz

i just need to be able to make decent levels, and get the trophies for making an awesome level (everything related. me-hearts, level-hearts, level-plays... etc.)

^^ they've talked about making it possible to create, online... so if that happens, might i request your assistance Asuka? Razz

----sorry if this message become messy, but since i'm writing on my PS3, "enters" doesn't always get applied... and thus making it all messy Razz
    Asuka
    Deathscythe

Post  Asuka on Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:09 pm

Sure thing, martin. Oh - everyone, if you haven't tried my Endurance Hang level yet, you should. It's mean. ^_~

martin447
    Beta

Post  martin447 on Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:04 pm

Asuka wrote:Sure thing, martin. Oh - everyone, if you haven't tried my Endurance Hang level yet, you should. It's mean. ^_~
    i tried it on day one Smile
    i love it, i don't get why it got such a low ranking Sad
    probably because no-one can beat it Razz i was so close to the goal.. OOPS.... i fell Sad
    OFMDRS
    Beta

Number of posts : 12
    Registration date : 2009-04-08

Post  OFMDRS on Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:41 pm

i bought it with my PS3 so far story is entertaining but when do get to build stuff?
    Asuka
    Deathscythe

Post  Asuka on Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:29 pm

Once you have access to the Moon on the right, that's when you can start building stuff. However, you must do some of the tutorials to start learning the ropes. This isn't that bad of a thing - not only do you unlock a ton of items, textures, objects, etc. but you earn a trophy for doing every single building tutorial.
    groovy341
    Pro Bowler

Number of posts : 146
    Registration date : 2009-03-04

Post  groovy341 on Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:35 pm

Asuka wrote:Once you have access to the Moon on the right, that's when you can start building stuff. However, you must do some of the tutorials to start learning the ropes. This isn't that bad of a thing - not only do you unlock a ton of items, textures, objects, etc. but you earn a trophy for doing every single building tutorial.

Dammit. Then what is up with my game? I cannot do anymore Tutorials, as there is no option to "do next tutorial" anymore but I did not get the trophy. Do you unlock more tutorials when you beat the story mode. I haven't done that either.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:03 am