The Nameless Ones

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Nameless Ones

WELCOME TO THE N1 FORUMS

3 posters

Resident Evil 5

groovy341
    groovy341
    Pro Bowler

Number of posts : 146
    Registration date : 2009-03-04

Resident Evil 5 Empty Resident Evil 5

Post  groovy341 Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:06 pm

This is my first review so I hope I am not stepping on toes by making one if someone else was going to. If so just delete this or name it "Resident Evil 5 bad review" or something

Graphics: 8/10
    I like the graphics of this game a lot. I saw a bit of tearing but nothing that the average player would notice or even care about. The shadow effects could have been a bit better but over all they were great. Water effects and fire effects were great overall.
    Sound: 7.5/10
    I don't think there was anything about the sound that popped out and made me say "Wow" or "Oooo" but the voice acting was pretty good. There was a feeling of emotion that fit the scenes that a lot of games lack in the voice acting department.
    Controls: 6.5/10
    It isn't that the controls suck its just that I think they could have offered up the ability to move while aiming. I know a lot of people like the "suspense" of aiming, pulling one or two shots, quick turning to run back, and repeating. I know a lot of people feel like that adds to the whole intensity of the atmosphere but for me it just adds a level of frustration that, allowing at least a walking speed while aiming, could have been circumvented. On the converse of this if you are a true believer in the old controls then this may not be a drawback for you, I jsut feel like a next-gen RE iteration deserved some next gen controls
    Story: 7/10
    I liked the story fine and it kept my attention but dammit when did Resident Evil move from zombies to "infected monsters"? I guess it was back with 4 but man do I miss the walking dead. I feel like this takes it out of a "Survival-Horror" genre to an "Action-Suspense" genre if there is such. There is not a lot of "jumpy" moments just a lot of moments where you feel overwhelmed by monsters that do little more than irritate.
    Online: 9/10
    I love the online aspect of this game. I love to play co-op with people at my house or over the intrawebs. I love it and I am very thankful that it was added to this game. This is actually the aspect of the game that was the deciding factor for me to buy it. That said the score would have been 10/10 if I didn't have to spend more money to play competitive online. The A.I. partner is not bad either. There was only one time where I felt the AI was doing something stupid and that is saying something with a game with this much going on and this many levels and sub-levels.

Overall: 7.6/10
    Again this could be because I don't really care for the antiquated controls but if you liked the controls of 4 then this could be a non-point for you.
    jiggyteddy
    jiggyteddy
    Hard Boiled

Number of posts : 203
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Resident Evil 5 Empty Re: Resident Evil 5

Post  jiggyteddy Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:05 pm

I'm surprised that it took this long to have some sort of review for RE5 pop up on the board.

This was an insightful read to me. Thanks.
    groovy341
    groovy341
    Pro Bowler

Post  groovy341 Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:49 pm

No problem teddy. I normally don't even toy with the idea of writing a review for a game because usually my views differ from most peoples on games because I fall prey to technical issues that I find, but I really do enjoy RE5 and thought "Hell no one else has written one so why not?"

Hope it helped people and if you are on the fence about this game don't let the 7.6 overall scare you. I really do have a ton of fun with this game and I am just a bit put off by the controls but nothing to hamper the game over all
    abkslovak
    abkslovak
    Mallrat

Number of posts : 281
    Registration date : 2009-02-19

Post  abkslovak Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:37 pm

that sounds like a good solid review in my eyes thanks for the review
    groovy341
    groovy341
    Pro Bowler

Post  groovy341 Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:28 pm

abkslovak wrote:that sounds like a good solid review in my eyes thanks for the review
    Thanks, maybe I will put up more reviews of other games I have that haven't been reviewed yet.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:07 pm