The Nameless Ones

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Nameless Ones

WELCOME TO THE N1 FORUMS

3 posters

Ideas For Showing A Break In Speech

Poll

Should We Develop Some Icon For Speech Breaks?

[ 5 ]
    Ideas For Showing A Break In Speech I_vote_lcap100%Ideas For Showing A Break In Speech I_vote_rcap [100%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Ideas For Showing A Break In Speech I_vote_lcap0%Ideas For Showing A Break In Speech I_vote_rcap [0%] 

Total Votes: 5
    NJShadow
    NJShadow
    Pro Bowler

Number of posts : 146
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Ideas For Showing A Break In Speech Empty Ideas For Showing A Break In Speech

Post  NJShadow Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:52 pm

I just thought we could discuss ways of showing a break in speech/voice chat to help reduce the amount of people talking over other people during meetings. Perhaps a symbol of some sort? or do we even really need a break symbol or indicator? Should we just just stick with the current format?
    Asuka
    Asuka
    Deathscythe

Number of posts : 278
    Registration date : 2009-02-19

Ideas For Showing A Break In Speech Empty Re: Ideas For Showing A Break In Speech

Post  Asuka Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:47 pm

I'm a little confused as to what you're exactly meaning here. Could you help a slow one out and explain a little more?
    NJShadow
    NJShadow
    Pro Bowler

Number of posts : 146
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Ideas For Showing A Break In Speech Empty Re: Ideas For Showing A Break In Speech

Post  NJShadow Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:28 pm

Asuka wrote:I'm a little confused as to what you're exactly meaning here. Could you help a slow one out and explain a little more?

Basically, it's about when several people try and talk or try to contribute to a conversation but people keep accidentally talking over each other. My idea is to possibly create a sign of some sort for when someone breaks their speech so that others can talk. Possibly by typing something... like OO or ---, whatever.
    Speedracer1955
    Speedracer1955
    Bubble Dancer

Number of posts : 122
    Registration date : 2009-02-24

Post  Speedracer1955 Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:49 pm

NJShadow wrote:
    Asuka wrote:I'm a little confused as to what you're exactly meaning here. Could you help a slow one out and explain a little more?

Basically, it's about when several people try and talk or try to contribute to a conversation but people keep accidentally talking over each other. My idea is to possibly create a sign of some sort for when someone breaks their speech so that others can talk. Possibly by typing something... like OO or ---, whatever.

How about giving those who want to speak a specified amount of time to say what they need and if they get done early then they can turn their "extra time" back over to the moderator, the Moderator would make decisions as to time and extensions if need be and others could comment on whether they agree or not... etc etc.. Go look at Cspan and hearings in Congress and how they run... or find a site with Roberts Rules and Orders on how to conduct meetings, I think that is how it is done???

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:36 am