The Nameless Ones

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Nameless Ones

WELCOME TO THE N1 FORUMS

+4
CrashMurphy
njb12287
EvoAnubis
BitRunner
8 posters

Nameless Ones Sig Generator Beta

BitRunner
    BitRunner
    Code Breaker

Number of posts : 380
    Registration date : 2009-02-19

Nameless Ones Sig Generator Beta Empty Nameless Ones Sig Generator Beta

Post  BitRunner Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:15 am

1) Go here http://outzonebbs.net/n1ssig/
    2) Fill out the info (your name and trophies)
    3) Click Submit
    4) Right click the generated image
    5) Save to your comp as a png (if possible, IE sucks on dynamic images)
    6) Upload to Photobucket/Imageshack/wherever
    7) ???
    8 ) Profit

Techy Stuff: I had to recode this whole F*cking thing in PHP since I didn't want to go to the trouble to go halfway across town to my parent's house to build an M$ Winblowz machine with IIS just to get ASP.NET and throw it up as a 24/7 server on a different port than 80 (since 80 is already used by apache on the Linux server), and Mono/Linux failed on me trying to use mod_mono for apache, despite hours and hours of googling and troubleshooting/fucking around. End result? The anti-aliasing kind of sucks on PHP's FreeType text generation compared to .NET's implementation but hey it freakin' works. I'll pretty up the site later, add more options for images, and generally make it more robust and configurable, this was just to GET SOMETHING OUT that works for now. So, hope you like it for now, and now back to some Killzone 2. Very Happy
    BitRunner
    BitRunner
    Code Breaker

Nameless Ones Sig Generator Beta Empty Re: Nameless Ones Sig Generator Beta

Post  BitRunner Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:59 pm

Has anybody used the tool to generate your sigs yet? Narde, njshadow?
    EvoAnubis
    EvoAnubis
    Region Hopper

Number of posts : 76
    Registration date : 2009-02-27

Post  EvoAnubis Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:19 pm

Cool, thanks man. Worked like a charm.
    njb12287
    njb12287
    Vault-Tec C.E.O.

Number of posts : 214
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  njb12287 Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:41 pm

what about me lol. Ya works great man
    CrashMurphy
    CrashMurphy
    Pro Bowler

Number of posts : 144
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  CrashMurphy Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:56 am

Mine is acting goofy. I uploaded the photo to my photobucket account. Because it says 'clicl for forums' on the bottom, I added an <a href> tag and linked the forums URL. But that added a border and cut off a portion of the image. Added border=0 and that god rid of the red ring but the image is still cut off. Tried resizing manually but that didn't do anything either.

Edit: Never mind, I got it. The rest of my signature was conflicting with it and by removing that it resolved itself. So much for my user bar. Sad
    ErGamba
    ErGamba
    Beta

Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2009-02-25

Post  ErGamba Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:17 pm

thanks man!It works..lol don't cheat with Trophies.. alien
    Speedracer1955
    Speedracer1955
    Bubble Dancer

Number of posts : 122
    Registration date : 2009-02-24

Post  Speedracer1955 Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:53 am

I tried it but because my PSN ID is so many characters the SP overshadows the Home outline and the lettering being white with the white Home outline it fades out the text. So the next version should have some sort of font color and maybe a preview feature so that you don't have actually create the pic before you finalize it ... it works great this way i just wish i did not have such a long name to put in there...
    BitRunner
    BitRunner
    Code Breaker

Post  BitRunner Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:08 am

Speedracer1955 wrote:I tried it but because my PSN ID is so many characters the SP overshadows the Home outline and the lettering being white with the white Home outline it fades out the text. So the next version should have some sort of font color and maybe a preview feature so that you don't have actually create the pic before you finalize it ... it works great this way i just wish i did not have such a long name to put in there...

I'm going to try to make a little more robust in the future.
    BitRunner
    BitRunner
    Code Breaker

Post  BitRunner Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:57 am

Speedracer1955 wrote:I tried it but because my PSN ID is so many characters the SP overshadows the Home outline and the lettering being white with the white Home outline it fades out the text. So the next version should have some sort of font color and maybe a preview feature so that you don't have actually create the pic before you finalize it ... it works great this way i just wish i did not have such a long name to put in there...

Oh yes, and actually I have to admit I was kind of afraid of this when coding the app. Originally I had done it in .NET and it would have been very easy (i.e. the MeasureString function) to scale the text down to an appropriate size if it gets too large for the window. Unfortunately, when I installed Mono 2.2 on my Linux server and XSP, the mod_mono implementation is largely fubared on my system it suffers from this bug and there's no good fix (and yes, I have the dll's in the bin directly with proper permissions, and I've tried every other help suggestion out on the net). So, I ended up going with PHP, but it doesn't have any good functions for measuring the hypothetical with of a string of text given a certain TTF font (plus the anti-aliasing is garbage in PHP compared to GDI+ in .NET), so basically I'll have to revisit it and roll my own function to do it, which will probably only take me a few hours on a Saturday but it's just yet another hassle to go through... sigh... I just wanted to get something out there so that most people could get it up and running ASAP so I'll have to revisit it and flesh it out better.
    Speedracer1955
    Speedracer1955
    Bubble Dancer

Number of posts : 122

Post  Speedracer1955 Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:01 pm

BitRunner wrote:

Oh yes, and actually I have to admit I was kind of afraid of this when coding the app. Originally I had done it in .NET and it would have been very easy (i.e. the MeasureString function) to scale the text down to an appropriate size if it gets too large for the window. Unfortunately, when I installed Mono 2.2 on my Linux server and XSP, the mod_mono implementation is largely fubared on my system it suffers from this bug and there's no good fix (and yes, I have the dll's in the bin directly with proper permissions, and I've tried every other help suggestion out on the net). So, I ended up going with PHP, but it doesn't have any good functions for measuring the hypothetical with of a string of text given a certain TTF font (plus the anti-aliasing is garbage in PHP compared to GDI+ in .NET), so basically I'll have to revisit it and roll my own function to do it, which will probably only take me a few hours on a Saturday but it's just yet another hassle to go through... sigh... I just wanted to get something out there so that most people could get it up and running ASAP so I'll have to revisit it and flesh it out better.

I am not a programmer by profession but in the bug link you gave I noticed that the text listed as the error has a space between the e in type and the underline in front of default, I think that spaces are counted as a character and is your text for type _default etc etc containing a space in that area??? could this be the problem you are having.
    BitRunner
    BitRunner
    Code Breaker

Post  BitRunner Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:14 pm

Speedracer1955 wrote:
    BitRunner wrote:

I am not a programmer by profession but in the bug link you gave I noticed that the text listed as the error has a space between the e in type and the underline in front of default, I think that spaces are counted as a character and is your text for type _default etc etc containing a space in that area??? could this be the problem you are having.

Unfortunately no that's not it. I'm thinking my XSP install is borked. Code Behind doesn't work on page I've tried... and the Fedora Core install came with a preloaded 1.x version of Mono so installing 2.2 likely caused some problems.
    Jersquall
    Jersquall
    Pro Bowler

Number of posts : 128

Post  Jersquall Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:27 pm

Hi Bit,

Have you ever used Bryce and if so what did you think?

By the way, I really liked your Sig creator.

Are different colors in the mix?

Nameless Ones Sig Generator Beta Generateimage
    SHADY225
    SHADY225

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2009-05-07

Post  SHADY225 Wed May 13, 2009 4:06 pm

So I see the N1 symbol has changed, Yes? Soo will the generator be updated with it as well?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:23 am