The Nameless Ones

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Nameless Ones

WELCOME TO THE N1 FORUMS

5 posters

N1s: Home Artists Society

BitRunner
    BitRunner
    Code Breaker

Number of posts : 380
    Registration date : 2009-02-19

N1s: Home Artists Society Empty N1s: Home Artists Society

Post  BitRunner Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:15 am

I just wanted to run this idea by you guys and see what you think.

Along with the plan of the My Dream Home project, I want to look into the possibility of making a whole club branch to N1s for promoting graphics design. There are a lot of technologies coming out in the (hopefully) near future for Home like Picture Frames and TVs (and one day I hope even 3d objects). This is kind of an "out there" idea I'll even admit, but if the support is there, having a group that specializes both in the development of artists with maybe bi-weekly separate meetings where we talk about different programs, tutorials, etc. Maybe even get some people from the creative teams from Sony and other gaming companies to talk about their experiences in the field, best practices, etc. Create FAQs and informative sites to help people get technical help in getting the most out of Home's growing user-content technologies. I've actually had this idea floating around for a while now, I just didn't start really thinking about it until lately.

So what do you guys think? Good idea, or am I smoking crack? Thoughts?
    Duck_of_Doom
    Duck_of_Doom
    Flying Couch

Number of posts : 51

N1s: Home Artists Society Empty Re: N1s: Home Artists Society

Post  Duck_of_Doom Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:18 am

I think the idea has merit. If things are slated to come down the pipe for Home (pictures, TV, 3D objects) then maybe getting some people with the skills to render and design together to brainstorm might not be a bad idea.

Think N1 custom furniture...

Sadly, my computer skills are more towards manipulating a spread sheet, than graphic design. However, if things to take off in this direction, I would be open to participating in a somewhat limited capacity, as I do have a slight artistic bug for drawing & painting.

Way to think ahead Bit.
    jiggyteddy
    jiggyteddy
    Hard Boiled

Number of posts : 203
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  jiggyteddy Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:06 pm

BitRunner wrote:I just wanted to run this idea by you guys and see what you think.

Along with the plan of the My Dream Home project, I want to look into the possibility of making a whole club branch to N1s for promoting graphics design. There are a lot of technologies coming out in the (hopefully) near future for Home like Picture Frames and TVs (and one day I hope even 3d objects). This is kind of an "out there" idea I'll even admit, but if the support is there, having a group that specializes both in the development of artists with maybe bi-weekly separate meetings where we talk about different programs, tutorials, etc. Maybe even get some people from the creative teams from Sony and other gaming companies to talk about their experiences in the field, best practices, etc. Create FAQs and informative sites to help people get technical help in getting the most out of Home's growing user-content technologies. I've actually had this idea floating around for a while now, I just didn't start really thinking about it until lately.

I had an idea floating around in my head for while too.

What was it you ask?

Why you're staring at it already. If you're still lost, you're already a member. And no.... I'm not talking "lost" as in the GTA bike gang. lol!

Was I smoking crack? Don't answer that.
    BitRunner
    BitRunner
    Code Breaker

Post  BitRunner Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:24 pm

jiggyteddy wrote:
    BitRunner wrote:I just wanted to run this idea by you guys and see what you think.

What was it you ask?

Why you're staring at it already. If you're still lost, you're already a member. And no.... I'm not talking "lost" as in the GTA bike gang. lol!

N1s: Home Artists Society Thenumbers

^^ That kind of Lost?

lol anyway so did you have something for this in mind already?
    jiggyteddy
    jiggyteddy
    Hard Boiled

Number of posts : 203
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  jiggyteddy Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:30 pm

BitRunner wrote:
    jiggyteddy wrote:

What was it you ask?

^^ That kind of Lost?

You know... I just spent a good couple minutes staring at that damn thing.

No... I didn't think of this at all! I like the idea though, and such a thing sounds like a massive effort. If you're committed, you have support.
    BitRunner
    BitRunner
    Code Breaker

Post  BitRunner Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:43 pm

I've been told plenty of times that Lost is an awesome show but I haven't been able to get into it yet (CSI and 24 take up enough of my TV watching time as is Very Happy), I'm still debating whether or not to start a marathon of it (but, with my g/f living with me, that might take some persuading).

Anyway, back on point, yes I would love to head this up and I've got plenty of ideas. I'm hoping too if BB still has those connections at Activision to bring some people out from their design teams to speak, and then of course see if I can get Locust on board with the idea and see if he can get some of Home's team at SCEA to speak (although I'm thinking much of the 3d modeling and other related work is done in Japan). And FYI, I live 35.6 miles away from where iD Software's office is (the creators of Doom, Quake, etc).
    JamesSoprano
    JamesSoprano

Number of posts : 328
    Registration date : 2009-02-16

Post  JamesSoprano Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:03 pm

jiggyteddy wrote:
    BitRunner wrote:
    jiggyteddy wrote:

What was it you ask?

^^ That kind of Lost?

You know... I just spent a good couple minutes staring at that damn thing.

No... I didn't think of this at all! I like the idea though, and such a thing sounds like a massive effort. If you're committed, you have support.

HORRAY FOR LOST REFRENCE !!!!!!
    NJShadow
    NJShadow
    Pro Bowler

Number of posts : 146
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  NJShadow Sun May 24, 2009 7:12 pm

Very cool idea. I might just hop back into Photoshop again! Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content