The Nameless Ones

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Nameless Ones

WELCOME TO THE N1 FORUMS

5 posters

N1's soon to become N2's??

CVR
    CVR
    Flying Couch

Number of posts : 53
    Registration date : 2009-02-23

N1's soon to become N2's?? Empty N1''s soon to become N2''s??

Post  CVR Thu May 14, 2009 4:31 pm

You guys are wondering what the subject is about, this is from a conversation that I had early today with my good friend NARDE... (sorry im kinda busy here at work with bunch of paperwork so im gonna copy and paste)

CVR84 wrote:

I have a quick question... something I've been asking myself for a long time... Not that I dont like what's going on cauz I do, I like to see how slowly we're growing but don't you think we have too many people already?

I mean yes granted its just a few of us (including myself) that are more active than other ones but if we keep accepting people we're gonna end up HAVING to divide the group in 2 big ones, 2 meetings (not counting saturdays) basically will be N1's & N2's

anyways I just think it would be easier to manage and organize a few but strong group of people than a whole lot of them... trust me I know, Im talking from experience... My clan which is still my clan we started a strong 10 maybe 20 active guys.... today we're more than 100 members.... and now I barely play with them cauz everybody took their own route and the group just splitted.

What do you guys think about it? Feel free to comment

Thanks
    Speedracer1955
    Speedracer1955
    Bubble Dancer

Number of posts : 122
    Registration date : 2009-02-24

N1's soon to become N2's?? Empty Re: N1's soon to become N2's??

Post  Speedracer1955 Thu May 14, 2009 5:42 pm

If all you are looking for is number of members then you are correct, it will be difficult. You will have some that will be left out and then you will have dissent and frustration and then disintegration. At some point you have to get to what N1s is all about. Or more accurately what Home Clubs are all about! Because clubs create a limited membership list (32) and going beyond that number puts you at risk of failing someone's idea or impression of what they were told about N1s.

For me it was about meeting Jiggy since we had conversations that started Winter 07/Spring 08 about Home and we tended to follow the same thought process about when Home would launch and how it might happen.

But if it is about numbers? Because you have painted yourself into a corner with the slogan that says you are all N1s already... And until you deal with that aspect of that campaign for members during the HC vs N1s flame war. Now can N1s live up to the fact of what you implied to people that can't understand and did not have a part in the war.

It is starting to strain the thread that is N1s.
    MizzRockPlacebo
    MizzRockPlacebo
    Flying Couch

Number of posts : 44
    Registration date : 2009-03-03

Post  MizzRockPlacebo Thu May 14, 2009 8:41 pm

Speedracer1955 wrote:If all you are looking for is number of members then you are correct, it will be difficult. You will have some that will be left out and then you will have dissent and frustration and then disintegration. At some point you have to get to what N1s is all about. Or more accurately what Home Clubs are all about! Because clubs create a limited membership list (32) and going beyond that number puts you at risk of failing someone's idea or impression of what they were told about N1s.
    I personally know what this is like i'm technically not in the Clun on Home but still in the overall Clan. It's frustrating because i feel that sometimes i can't contribute to what's going on in the meetings.
    Veago
    Veago
    Pro Bowler

Number of posts : 134
    Registration date : 2009-03-06

Post  Veago Fri May 15, 2009 9:23 am

we could have the meetings for the earliest of members and then post our disscussions and idea to the forum for the other guys to comment on ect..
    CVR
    CVR
    Flying Couch

Post  CVR Fri May 15, 2009 10:09 am

Speedracer1955 wrote:If all you are looking for is number of members then you are correct, it will be difficult. You will have some that will be left out and then you will have dissent and frustration and then disintegration. At some point you have to get to what N1s is all about. Or more accurately what Home Clubs are all about! Because clubs create a limited membership list (32) and going beyond that number puts you at risk of failing someone's idea or impression of what they were told about N1s.

For me it was about meeting Jiggy since we had conversations that started Winter 07/Spring 08 about Home and we tended to follow the same thought process about when Home would launch and how it might happen.

But if it is about numbers? Because you have painted yourself into a corner with the slogan that says you are all N1s already... And until you deal with that aspect of that campaign for members during the HC vs N1s flame war. Now can N1s live up to the fact of what you implied to people that can't understand and did not have a part in the war.

It is starting to strain the thread that is N1s.

You brought very good points speedracer and I thank you for your comments.

I was thinking maybe we can come up with an "attendance" list or something in which we can list the people that are gonna be present on that specific meeting, that way for example if somebody is not gonna be able to make it, they can give his/her spot to another person, etc...

Post  Guest Fri May 15, 2009 2:37 pm

I feel you CVR, I will add my 2 cents.

My perception of the N1's is not limited to the club meetings. I feel like thats a small aspect of what were about. Look at the International Plaza Idea that you guys worked on (and my goodness did it turn some heads). Even though it was an concept of home it was developed outside of home. Look at this forum site, look at the Picture project the Homepedia page the podcast and the list goes on and on!

When ppl say they want to join the N1's, I know they mean that they want to come to the meetings, but I try to let them know that we are more than just that meeting. And as we grow whatever we decide to do we have to remember one thing........ coffee break brb affraid
    CVR
    CVR
    Flying Couch

Post  CVR Mon May 18, 2009 10:16 am

Narde15 wrote:I feel you CVR, I will add my 2 cents.

My perception of the N1's is not limited to the club meetings. I feel like thats a small aspect of what were about. Look at the International Plaza Idea that you guys worked on (and my goodness did it turn some heads). Even though it was an concept of home it was developed outside of home. Look at this forum site, look at the Picture project the Homepedia page the podcast and the list goes on and on!

When ppl say they want to join the N1's, I know they mean that they want to come to the meetings, but I try to let them know that we are more than just that meeting. And as we grow whatever we decide to do we have to remember one thing........ coffee break brb affraid

lol I know Narde, I know Smile
    asoccer_
    Beta

Number of posts : 8
    Registration date : 2009-05-13

Post  asoccer_ Mon May 18, 2009 6:30 pm

When I first saw N2's. I thought, we are going to need ANOTHER Site. But they still are kinda hating on N1s. So I do believe we might need a new way to fit more ppl in there. That way Narde will be happy. LOL I love how people say his name. But yea, if we go 2.0/ I will be there.

Post  Guest Tue May 19, 2009 1:00 am

CVR wrote:You guys are wondering what the subject is about, this is from a conversation that I had early today with my good friend NARDE... (sorry im kinda busy here at work with bunch of paperwork so im gonna copy and paste)

CVR84 wrote:

I have a quick question... something I've been asking myself for a long time... Not that I dont like what's going on cauz I do, I like to see how slowly we're growing but don't you think we have too many people already?

I mean yes granted its just a few of us (including myself) that are more active than other ones but if we keep accepting people we're gonna end up HAVING to divide the group in 2 big ones, 2 meetings (not counting saturdays) basically will be N1's & N2's

anyways I just think it would be easier to manage and organize a few but strong group of people than a whole lot of them... trust me I know, Im talking from experience... My clan which is still my clan we started a strong 10 maybe 20 active guys.... today we're more than 100 members.... and now I barely play with them cauz everybody took their own route and the group just splitted.

Thanks

Why couldn't we hold two meetings at once? Use more than one club room then combine the ideas later? Before the meetings the two running the show would have to coordinate with each other to ensure the topics discussed would be the same or even different. We could hold two different meetins and let the members decide which meeting they would want to go to.
    CVR
    CVR
    Flying Couch

Post  CVR Tue May 19, 2009 2:14 pm

nootcaase wrote:
    CVR wrote:You guys are wondering what the subject is about, this is from a conversation that I had early today with my good friend NARDE... (sorry im kinda busy here at work with bunch of paperwork so im gonna copy and paste)

CVR84 wrote:

Thanks

Why couldn't we hold two meetings at once? Use more than one club room then combine the ideas later? Before the meetings the two running the show would have to coordinate with each other to ensure the topics discussed would be the same or even different. We could hold two different meetins and let the members decide which meeting they would want to go to.

I see what your saying but this could create favoritism...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:36 pm