The Nameless Ones

WELCOME TO THE N1 FORUMS


    Opinions On the Ninja Contests

    Share
    avatar
    njb12287
    Vault-Tec C.E.O.

    Number of posts : 214
    Registration date : 2009-02-15
    Age : 30
    Location : Colorado

    Opinions On the Ninja Contests

    Post  njb12287 on Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:59 pm

    well fell free to let loose guys. what were your opinions on the ninja contest


    _________________
    avatar
    BitRunner
    Code Breaker

    Number of posts : 380
    Registration date : 2009-02-19
    Age : 38
    Location : DFW, Texas

    Re: Opinions On the Ninja Contests

    Post  BitRunner on Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:08 pm

    I thought it was a lot of fun to be in the instance with a lot of the cool forum guys. Between that and the first n1s meeting I've pretty much filled up my friends list now.

    I didn't really care so much about the contest itself, I already own both games. What I didn't like though is that a mod didn't even come out to say we didn't win, I think it would have been a lot more professional for them to at least do that.
    avatar
    abkslovak
    Mallrat

    Number of posts : 281
    Registration date : 2009-02-19
    Location : everywere Va

    Re: Opinions On the Ninja Contests

    Post  abkslovak on Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:35 pm

    BitRunner wrote:I thought it was a lot of fun to be in the instance with a lot of the cool forum guys. Between that and the first n1s meeting I've pretty much filled up my friends list now.

    I didn't really care so much about the contest itself, I already own both games. What I didn't like though is that a mod didn't even come out to say we didn't win, I think it would have been a lot more professional for them to at least do that.


    100% true
    they should of at least told us it was over instead of allowing all of us think it was still on lol.

    But i think it was kinda rigged lol but hey it is done and over with.
    avatar
    Asuka
    Deathscythe

    Number of posts : 278
    Registration date : 2009-02-19
    Age : 32
    Location : Normal, IL

    Re: Opinions On the Ninja Contests

    Post  Asuka on Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:24 am

    My problem with the contest was that I don't like either of the games they were offering. If I were to do the contest and won, I would've just sold the games on eBay. And when I thought about it, that would be unfair to someone entering the contest because they really want the games for their own.

    What they should've done was offered a gift card (or something similar) so that we could choose what games we won. Then I would've participated.
    avatar
    njb12287
    Vault-Tec C.E.O.

    Number of posts : 214
    Registration date : 2009-02-15
    Age : 30
    Location : Colorado

    Re: Opinions On the Ninja Contests

    Post  njb12287 on Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:26 am

    oh definately they should have just givin like 20 dollars at the PSN store, that would have been better and its less money worth lol
    avatar
    whitwhit
    Air Race Junkie

    Number of posts : 189
    Registration date : 2009-02-19
    Age : 29
    Location : RHODE ISLAND

    Re: Opinions On the Ninja Contests

    Post  whitwhit on Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:05 pm

    personally they should have done a better job advertising the contest to the causaul gamers bc thats when you get the ppl that wanna mess it up for every one
    avatar
    allstar2812
    Beta

    Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2009-02-25
    Age : 27
    Location : Salt lake City, Utah

    .....

    Post  allstar2812 on Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:22 pm

    njb12287 wrote:oh definately they should have just givin like 20 dollars at the PSN store, that would have been better and its less money worth lol


    yeah i agree with that.... 20$ on the store would've been nice.... it wouldve appealed to more people.... i own both games so i didnt participate in it... and there are others who dont care for shooters...
    avatar
    Asuka
    Deathscythe

    Number of posts : 278
    Registration date : 2009-02-19
    Age : 32
    Location : Normal, IL

    Re: Opinions On the Ninja Contests

    Post  Asuka on Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:58 am

    I mean, I know lots of people like those games, but it's still a little disconcerting. I say this mostly because they indirectly have shown that they're trying to cater to the mainstream game fans, and not the public as a whole.

    They're bring out all those clothes, items, and such for many games that are considered the biggest. I know it's probably better business practice or something to do this, but there are the gamers (like myself) that are getting completely left by the wayside.
    avatar
    BigVic
    Glitcher

    Number of posts : 22
    Registration date : 2009-02-19
    Age : 32

    Re: Opinions On the Ninja Contests

    Post  BigVic on Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:51 pm

    abkslovak wrote:
    BitRunner wrote:I thought it was a lot of fun to be in the instance with a lot of the cool forum guys. Between that and the first n1s meeting I've pretty much filled up my friends list now.

    I didn't really care so much about the contest itself, I already own both games. What I didn't like though is that a mod didn't even come out to say we didn't win, I think it would have been a lot more professional for them to at least do that.


    100% true
    they should of at least told us it was over instead of allowing all of us think it was still on lol.

    But i think it was kinda rigged lol but hey it is done and over with.

    I agree with this also. It was kind of lame hearing that they already picked the winner 10 minutes ago. Though it was cool to see a lot of people from the forums.
    avatar
    jiggyteddy
    Hard Boiled

    Number of posts : 203
    Registration date : 2009-02-18
    Age : 37
    Location : NYC

    Re: Opinions On the Ninja Contests

    Post  jiggyteddy on Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:05 pm

    I have to say that aside from the meetings we have as a club, that was definitely the best community event I've been a part of in home.

    That includes the CB and OB.
    avatar
    groovy341
    Pro Bowler

    Number of posts : 146
    Registration date : 2009-03-04
    Age : 36
    Location : California

    Re: Opinions On the Ninja Contests

    Post  groovy341 on Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:16 pm

    Just as an act of curiosity what were the games they offered? I don't use Home all that often and I completely missed anything about this contest because I avoid the forums like the plague.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Opinions On the Ninja Contests

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:31 pm