The Nameless Ones

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Nameless Ones

WELCOME TO THE N1 FORUMS

Basic screen capture/Video

Jersquall
    Jersquall
    Pro Bowler

Number of posts : 128
    Registration date : 2009-02-24

Basic screen capture/Video Empty Basic screen capture/Video

Post  Jersquall Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:42 am

I was asked a while back to do this so for those who are interested..

To start out with, We cannot record the video signal from the PlayStation 3 since the signal is encrypted with Hi- definition. However, you can record the signal when using a PS3 AV(Audio-Video) cable - this does mean that the quality will be reduced dramatically. But, thats o.k. I find it easier to record gameplay/HOME and anything that is Playstation 3. but you can record the signal to other devices such as a VCR, DVD recorder or PVR. We will be hooking it up to a video capture card on your computer..

Requirements:
    TV with RCA plug in.
    PS3 A/V cable
    RCA splitter Female
    Y-splitter RCA
    Video card
    If you are using a HDMI connection, change your display to use the AV cable. This can be done by going to [Settings] > [Display Settings]. Don't forget to change your Audio settings too.

Connect your equipment up.
    The AV cable from the PS3 should be connect to the recording device.
    The recording device should be connected to the TV so you can see what you are doing.

Use the record function on the device to record gameplay or anything else you can think of.

* EDIT * still working on this. incomplete.

Basic screen capture/Video Ysplit
    https://2img.net/h/i68.photobucket.com/albums/i32/jersquall/PS3av2.jpg" alt=""/>
    Basic screen capture/Video RCAF2F
    Basic screen capture/Video Hauppauge

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:41 pm