The Nameless Ones

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Nameless Ones

WELCOME TO THE N1 FORUMS

4 posters

In response to whit^2's post on the PS Home forums

BitRunner
    BitRunner
    Code Breaker

Number of posts : 380
    Registration date : 2009-02-19

In response to whit^2's post on the PS Home forums Empty In response to whit^2's post on the PS Home forums

Post  BitRunner Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:01 am

whitwhit wrote:
    evo needs his own slot man. lmao im saying lets add a 10min part just for him in the next agenda lol

That's fine as long as it stays off the Podcast if he's going to go into a cussing rant again. I was only doing my job as a preservative and told him to calm it with the cussing to respect Narde's wishes of us keeping the language toned down in front of micah100 who was 13, and then he proceeded to tell me that's "unrealistic" and went overboard with the cussing just for effect (at which point I said something pretty cutthroat and not worth repeating before leaving the meeting and grabbing a smoke, but suffice it to say I apologize that was a bit off-color on my part). No, it's not unrealistic to be professional and show some reserve, I would frankly be mortified if someone from the Home staff or another guest were there, and if your objective is to be taken seriously by a major corporation like Sony or anyone viewing the Podcasts then these things HAVE to be taken into account.

But... I also realize as I'm finding it that basically this preservative position gives you no empowerment at all to actually be able to keep order. Let's face it, if the tables were turned and said "hey you need to stop cussing there's a 13y/o here, let's be honest here, I probably would have replied back with "O-F***IN-RLY?!?! WELL F***ITY F*** SH**BALLS...", so I'm not taking it personally. Plus you know, that's up to Narde to say something further about it if he wants to, that's his business not mine, and I assume he wouldn't.

Like I said, I would have probably done the same and I'm not trying to rake Evo over the coals, nor do I have any beef with him it's water under the bridge as far as I'm concerned. Besides which, the whole topic of Console Wars was flamebait waiting to happen. I'm simply saying that if we're on a Podcast, and if we're trying to get folks like TedTheDog and Locust or whoever involved, and also if we're trying not to give ProphesuckElite and his band of sycophantic lackeys *THE FUEL TO SUMMARILY BEAT US TO DEATH*, or if someone specifically requests us not to swear as Narde did tonight, then we've simply gotta be mindful of how we're presenting ourselves and respectful to others, end of story. Everyone's going to slip once in a while and swear sure that's a fact of life we're all human, but we didn't have a profanity filter put on these forums for no reason, and I have to assume the same professionalism is intended for when we speak at these meetings publicly ESPECIALLY when anyone outside can scrutinize us over a Podcast (although I don't know that there was actually one tonight, but in any case like I said if someone asks us to watch the language please be respectful and do so).

/rant

(I obviously didn't want to go posting this on the official forums but I still feel like this needed to be said so I'm addressing it privately here since you have to be a member to read the off-topic)
    CrashMurphy
    CrashMurphy
    Pro Bowler

Number of posts : 144
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

In response to whit^2's post on the PS Home forums Empty Re: In response to whit^2's post on the PS Home forums

Post  CrashMurphy Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:35 am

BitRunner wrote:

whitwhit wrote:
    evo needs his own slot man. lmao im saying lets add a 10min part just for him in the next agenda lol

That's fine as long as it stays off the Podcast if he's going to go into a cussing rant again...
    ...or anyone viewing the Podcasts then these things HAVE to be taken into account.
    ...ESPECIALLY when anyone outside can scrutinize us over a Podcast (although I don't know that there was actually one tonight, but in any case like I said if someone asks us to watch the language please be respectful and do so).

First off, yes there was a podcast tonight. I asked you once or twice if you could spare the time to join us this week, but I never heard back. I guess you got tired of hearing from me and set me to block/ignore.

Anyway, I agree 100% with this. We discussed this immediately prior to and again after we were done with our recording. I don't know how the others felt, but personally I believe that anyone who swears that much with no regard for anyone else around has no business being on the podcast. When Narde set it up, he had to designate whether it is a clean podcast (which we are) or an explicit one (which we aren't). When he got us listed in the iTunes store, same thing. We are also listed as Clean on there. Now whether that makes a difference as to who gets to find our listing and subscribe is beyond me.

And like you said, there are going to be times where people slip out and let the occasional word out. It happens. I've done it, although it gets exponentially worse when gaming (FPS mostly). And that's fine, if it's not every third word. But when it gets to the point that someone is letting loose with expletives left and right with a "fu** all y'all, I do what I want" attitude, I'm at a loss for words. Unless I'm mistaken, we weren't being broadcast live over Full Contact like we were last week which I would have to say was the only saving grace of the whole thing. But our credibility as a group goes down the toilet if something like that goes out live.

I've basically stopped complaining in-meeting because it never seems to do any good and like BR mentioned, the Chairpeople and Preservatives who are basically there to maintain order have no real authority to do anything about it except asking politely which as previously stated does absolutely nothing. But I can see this as an issue that if not addressed fully and immediately will only continue to balloon. This seems to be to be a fairly black-and-white issue without a whole lot of gray, so we ought to be able to come to a consensus on how we'll handle it in the future.
    BitRunner
    BitRunner
    Code Breaker

Number of posts : 380

In response to whit^2's post on the PS Home forums Empty Re: In response to whit^2's post on the PS Home forums

Post  BitRunner Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:50 am

CrashMurphy wrote:
    BitRunner wrote:

whitwhit wrote:

That's fine as long as it stays off the Podcast if he's going to go into a cussing rant again...
    ...or anyone viewing the Podcasts then these things HAVE to be taken into account.
    ...ESPECIALLY when anyone outside can scrutinize us over a Podcast (although I don't know that there was actually one tonight, but in any case like I said if someone asks us to watch the language please be respectful and do so).

First off, yes there was a podcast tonight. I asked you once or twice if you could spare the time to join us this week, but I never heard back. I guess you got tired of hearing from me and set me to block/ignore.

Anyway, I agree 100% with this. We discussed this immediately prior to and again after we were done with our recording. I don't know how the others felt, but personally I believe that anyone who swears that much with no regard for anyone else around has no business being on the podcast. When Narde set it up, he had to designate whether it is a clean podcast (which we are) or an explicit one (which we aren't). When he got us listed in the iTunes store, same thing. We are also listed as Clean on there. Now whether that makes a difference as to who gets to find our listing and subscribe is beyond me.

And like you said, there are going to be times where people slip out and let the occasional word out. It happens. I've done it, although it gets exponentially worse when gaming (FPS mostly). And that's fine, if it's not every third word. But when it gets to the point that someone is letting loose with expletives left and right with a "fu** all y'all, I do what I want" attitude, I'm at a loss for words. Unless I'm mistaken, we weren't being broadcast live over Full Contact like we were last week which I would have to say was the only saving grace of the whole thing. But our credibility as a group goes down the toilet if something like that goes out live.

I've basically stopped complaining in-meeting because it never seems to do any good and like BR mentioned, the Chairpeople and Preservatives who are basically there to maintain order have no real authority to do anything about it except asking politely which as previously stated does absolutely nothing. But I can see this as an issue that if not addressed fully and immediately will only continue to balloon. This seems to be to be a fairly black-and-white issue without a whole lot of gray, so we ought to be able to come to a consensus on how we'll handle it in the future.

No sorry I forgot, I got my g/f to agree to watching 24 Season 1 with me so I've been doing that most of the week when I've been home, my apologies man I will try to make it to the next one. Very Happy

(I swear to God if she doesn't shut up with the "Tony Almeida is much cuter in Season 7" crap I'm going to vomit... anyways...)

Like I said though, I don't want to beat down on Evo here, I just want to make sure you guys all know what the IMPACT is that's the important thing. You summed it up pretty well too.
    whitwhit
    whitwhit
    Air Race Junkie

Number of posts : 189

Post  whitwhit Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:45 pm

yea i agree with you guys 100%, if we are going to have a good podcast that is clean and professional than language like that must stay off, but for the slot i was just talking about for the meetings because usually evo does find a lot of credible information when he was searching the web and for some strange reason there a method to his madness. If i knew that micah100 was 13 i would have been like oh damn you know tone it down. i think when we have underage ppl in our meetings and ppl come late we should tell them there are underage guest that are in the club right now to watch there languge you know. it would be better to keep us informed because i didnt know until you guys mentioned it right now.
    JamesSoprano
    JamesSoprano

Number of posts : 328
    Registration date : 2009-02-16

Post  JamesSoprano Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:02 pm

i didn't know you liked 24 Bitrunner ... it's a awesome show ( sorry for being off topic )

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:39 am